Overheating problem

KeelanPC

Hello,
I have an overclocked pc that is overheating when playing games which defeats the object of it meant to be my gaming computor
These are my heats on idle: Heat.jpg
These are my heats after playing 15 minutes of battlefield 3 in a cool room: Heatmax.jpg
I have 2 new fans coming soon, a 120mm to go on the top to exhaust heat and a 120mm to go on the side to blow cool air onto components but i'm concerned that they wont do the job as even though I have my windows open in my bedroom therefore making it pretty cold the pc still overheats after about 25 minutes on bf3( it also overheats when playing saints row the third and skyrim so basically most demanding games) I currently have the cool it eco alc cpu cooler in the rear and a 200mm intake fan at the front of the pc.
The case I have is a coolermaster HAF 912.
Any suggestions on what to do would be highly appreciated as I bought this pc as a gaming pc and I can't play demanding games :(

Corfate

Author Level
Are you 100% sure nothing is blocking the vents on the PC? No dust build up in the fans/something blocking them?

KeelanPC

Definitely not, they're running smoothly, I haven't really had it long enough for dust to gather up to block the fans

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think it says at the bottom of the second pic mate

I'd give pcs a call in the morning for the official verdict.

I would invest in a 120mm case fan for the side panel though, maybe there's not enough cool air getting to the eco.

KeelanPC

I have ordered an 120mm for the side and one for the top but considering the pc is shutting down without warning after 20-25 minutes in a freezing cold room then i don't see how the fans are going to help immensly

PokerFace

Banned
Just when I'm looking at this forum my CPU fan in HWMonitor shows average speed of 1513 RPM. You're CPU avg speed is showing as 1080 in idle and 1075 (less) when gaming. I don't know what speed you should expect the fan to be, but surely it should increase quite a bit when under load.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i have 2 fans on my CPU cooler, showing completely different speeds ( i dont know why)
one at around 700rpm and one at around 1350rpm although im not sure the second one is the CPU fan, now ive turned it up to 100% its at 1776rpm

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i have 2 fans on my CPU cooler, showing completely different speeds ( i dont know why)
one at around 700rpm and one at around 1350rpm although im not sure the second one is the CPU fan, now ive turned it up to 100% its at 1776rpm

wozza they should be spinning at exactly the same speed, as the two viper fans are connected to the cpu fan header, via a pwm y cable. so im a 100% certain they should be exactly the same speed.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh thought so, dont know why it says 2 fans lol

now its made a 3rd fan up but its at 0rpm lol, all fans moving though, think its that other one

Tracker

Enthusiast
looking at the temps theres no extremes there, cpu's can get up to 80C before they start to feel the strain, and GPU's a little under that (~65-70) so theres nothing there that shows that anythings majorly overheating. if it was a blocked fan via dust or anything then it'd overheat on idle and games would just speed the problem up, not cause it.

i think the only thing suspicious there is that the CPU is a dead 60C, no variance between idle / gaming, yet you'd expect to see some variance, even if only a few C, the mainboard fluctuates a few c, the socket by almost 10c, yet the cpu is dead at 60? whilst 60 isn't hot by cpu standards (again they can go up to 80 without issue, and i've had some go up to 90 and function normally, though that's hot and not a healthy temp), i'm wondering if that reading is correct?