Overkill for SWTOR?!

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Ah I see. Yes, if you're ditching the SSD cache setup, then it should be possible to use an SSD as your first drive, and then RAID 0 two HDDs as a 2nd logical 1.5 TB striped drive.

Be aware that RAID 0 has a higher probability of failure, i.e. if any of the disks in the RAID fails, then you lose the data on all the RAIDed drives; so make sure you backup any data you wouldn't want to lose.

Cool, thanks Ricky. Given that I don't trust myself to back data up regularly I'll probably stick with the setup I have. The speed increases appear to be fairly marginal since I'm only using this system for gaming and all other content will be stored on external drives.

Once again the PCS forums prove their worth ;)

Thanks again.

Bennyboy

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Just gave in to my impatient temperament and dropped PCS a call to see if anything in my build was out of stock or likely to hold up the process. Call was answered within minutes and Matthew was very helpful. He checked straight away - all good!

FYI, he explained that because the processor was overclocked the orders can take slightly longer due to an extended tested period (I like the sound of that!).

Top marks so far guys!!!