Overkill? Liquid-cooled monster

RobertCrentis146

We've found that on a lot of boards with 4 x 3600MHz DIMMS, we've faced instability. It was only very recently that PCS actually allowed 4 x 3600 DIMMS at all, in fact I think they even took off 3600MHz all together at one stage because of the problems they were having getting it stable.

On the forum, we recently had a user with 4 x 3600MHz DIMMS with instability, but we lowered the DOCP (memory overclock profile) down to the next lowest setting which is 3533MHz, and that remained completely stable after about 36 hours of continuous testing.

I'd suggest speccing 2 x 16Gb DIMMS for now of 3600MHz, and then phoning PCS to ask if you can add another 2 DIMMS. I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

If you were to face instability, then we could drop the DOCP down a little until it reaches stability. Worst thing to happen is you'll have the clocks reduced a little until such a time as Asus / AMD release a BIOS update to address it.

But I'm very confident that IF you were to face issues, it would be stable at 3533MHz.
ah, thank you very much! I appreciate the advice

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
I have a very similar build to the above which I got from PCS in November. I've added a couple of pics.

Few answers to your questions above

The 7 fans are all included
The braided cables, I purchased these and you can see them in the pictures attached, you don't actually see that many of them and I'm not sure what the ones look like that may have come with the build if I didn't purchased the braided ones so no idea if they look better or not.

I'm not sure on the 5950x and motherboard so one of the more in the know posters will have to answer that.
I have the 5900x and Strix 570x though and the whole system works like a dream to be honest.View attachment 22058View attachment 22059View attachment 22060View attachment 22061
Holy hell.

RobertCrentis146

I gave them a call today and they were able to amend my order to 64gb of 3600MHz as long as I confirmed that I understood there may be instability issues. Thanks for the help everyone