Overlooked Game Genres

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m just watching an episode of World’s Toughest Prisons and it reminded me of a game on the PS2 that I played a few hours of at a mate’s house and quite enjoyed…

I know there’s a few indie prison escape games these days but they’re more strategy based and usually viewed from a top down perspective, aren’t we overdue a bigger budget first/third person game?

Likewise… dinosaurs. Why aren’t they used more often? There’s nowhere near enough games with them in and the world would be a better place if they rebooted Dino Crisis. Come on, Capcom!

What genres do you think need a refresh? Or have you got an incredible idea for a game that’s never been touched on before?

CMP01

Enthusiast
Tbh Dino Crisis was a bit cheese, even compared to how weird or bonkers the Resident Evil games got (RE4 in particular, what madman designed that castle?)

That said, experiencing what Capcom did with RE7 and the RE2 remake... a new Dino Crisis could be a classic, who knows?
As long as they put the new RE spark in it that's half the win right there imho.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
PoW - loved that one back when it came out on the PC. would love to see a more updated remake of that set in the same era.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think we need a new simulator category to cover the 'not doing anything' genre.
  • Sleep simulator
  • Watching paint dry simulator
  • Writer's block simulator

D

Deleted member 41971

I think we need a new simulator category to cover the 'not doing anything' genre.
  • Sleep simulator
  • Watching paint dry simulator
  • Writer's block simulator

I need a life,

no wait!!, here it is :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator: