P650 no power

Pacman99

Hello all,

Ive had my p650re for about 3.5 years now and still happy with it. However the other night it randomly crashed when I was gaming.

I assumed it had overheated as it felt hot, so I let it cool then turned it back on again. This time I ran hwmonitor and was checking temps frequently but they were OK, until I alt-tabbed out of the game and the laptop froze. I powered it down and went to sleep.

The next day I opened it to clean out the dust and reapply thermal paste but when it was all done the laptop wouldnt turn on.

I don't know if something happened the night it crashed of if I accidently did something when cleaning, as I didn't turn it on before opening it. However I've cleaned it many times and don't think I would have done anything.

Another strange thing about the night it crashed was that I got a low battery warning before the first crash even though it was plugged in. I unplugged it at the wall and then put it back in and it as fine.

Now there are no led lights, no indication when it is plugged in. Its fully dead.

I unplugged the cmos battery and left it overnight but it made no difference.

I tried another power supply, though it is underpowered, I would have thought it would still turn on the led, but no.

Seems to me like something in the power circuit has fried? I couldn't see any signs of damage on the mobo.

Any ideas?

Pacman99

Yeah tried that - no response. I put a multimeter on the battery and it's reading 14v so I think the battery is OK.