Passively cooled case

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is nothing new, although normally you find passive cases in micro pc's or possibly Mini-ITX, which this is, and they claim is aimed at being able to fully passively cool up to 600W, so includes pretty high end builds.

This one is a joint venture between Streacom and Calyos and is called the SG10.

Often these cases never live up to the hype, but there's something about this one that looks rather promising.

It's not been officially announced yet, expectation is that they'll demo it at Computex which is at the end of May.

I'll be watching this. I want to build my nephew his first gaming pc and this would be a great use case for it as it would be in his bedroom and help reduce noise.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
…and this is supposedly how it will work (based on their older model)…

8160_03_calyos-nsg-s0-100-silent-fanless-gaming-pc-review_full.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a great idea in principle....however, what they will actually deliver in practice is a completely separate matter. They have been trying to build the fanless chassis since 2017, crowdfunded it and then didn't deliver...pivoted to change the model name but which seems to be identical to the original.

I won't hold my breath until they announce production....they produced demos of the NSG S0 and didn't do anything else.

Agree on the hesitation but the fact they're actually demoing at somewhere like Computex suggests they have it ready this time, I'm optimistic, but as you rightly say, the proof is in the pudding once third party tests have been done.
…and this is supposedly how it will work (based on their older model)…

8160_03_calyos-nsg-s0-100-silent-fanless-gaming-pc-review_full.png
If they have gone this approach, it's not going to be cheap! Guessing around $350

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If it comes with the riser and is compatible with a good number of GPUs then it seems like reasonable value, even at £300+.

It doesn't look very small though :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And this is their prototype in the flesh at Computex running a 13900k and 4080

Includes a PUMPLESS GPU and CPU coldplate that purely works on convection into the finstack in the roof. Bear in mind, if you were doing a custom loop, that could easily set you back $500 without breaking a sweat.

It's pretty cool, will damn expensive though! The ballpark is around $1000!!!

Apparently they're doing a copper version as well which should transfer heat more effectively but would cost even more.

They've also got a selection of analogue meters, moving away from RGB or LCD displays, so measuring temps or whatever you want really, really nice niche idea.

Also, this is how most good premium case designers start off, doing very nich ultra expensive designs, LianLi were exactly the same, and InWin, then as they get recognition, and their brand starts permeating a bit better, they're able to ramp up production, and with it, cut costs.

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
And this is their prototype in the flesh at Computex running a 13900k and 4080

Includes a PUMPLESS GPU and CPU coldplate that purely works on convection into the finstack in the roof. Bear in mind, if you were doing a custom loop, that could easily set you back $500 without breaking a sweat.

It's pretty cool, will damn expensive though! The ballpark is around $1000!!!

Apparently they're doing a copper version as well which should transfer heat more effectively but would cost even more.

They've also got a selection of analogue meters, moving away from RGB or LCD displays, so measuring temps or whatever you want really, really nice niche idea.

Also, this is how most good premium case designers start off, doing very nich ultra expensive designs, LianLi were exactly the same, and InWin, then as they get recognition, and their brand starts permeating a bit better, they're able to ramp up production, and with it, cut costs.

i like the idea, just wondering how effective it will be to cool the components, technically its a great idea but i have been lied to before with marketing

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i like the idea, just wondering how effective it will be to cool the components, technically its a great idea but i have been lied to before with marketing
If you watch the video they have it running furmark with a RTX4080 and 13900k and it's not breaking a sweat.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR