Password Managers - are they reliable to use?

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have a number of different account(s) e.g. online shopping, email etc. I use strong passwords, which are different for each account that I have/use.

Would a password manager be a good option to use to keep track all of the different account passwords?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I have a number of different account(s) e.g. online shopping, email etc. I use strong passwords, which are different for each account that I have/use.

Would a password manager be a good option to use to keep track all of the different account passwords?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.
Absolutely, it’s basically a necessity these days. You just need to work out if you want a local one or cloud based. I personally use LastPass with 2fa and have never had a problem, but a lot of people are reticent about cloud based apps (understandably).

drgr33n

I have a little hand-rolled GNU pass setup with git managing synchronisation between my devices. I use a yubikey to store my keys and handle two factor. Not for the faint-hearted but works great once configured.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have a little hand-rolled GNU pass setup with git managing synchronisation between my devices. I use a yubikey to store my keys and handle two factor. Not for the faint-hearted but works great once configured.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I have no idea what any of that means. :D