Path of Exile Open Beta is Live!

NilSatis

Bright Spark
I was surprised there hasnt been a thread about this, so thought I would put up some info.

If you like action rpgs such as Torchlight/Diablo/Sacred/Titans Quest then you may want to have a very close look at this game. It is open beta at the moment, check out the website; and if it interests you give it a go:

Interestingly, they have gone for a "Free to play" model; where cosmetic items etc will be available from their shop. Not really a fan of this, but we will see how it works. The core game however, will be free to download and play for ever. The game is set to offer a level cap of 100; pvp gameplay as well, and looks as good as it plays:

[video=youtube;FrZ_jH2GQ7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZ_jH2GQ7M[/video]

Certainly looks good now, and if gear collection etc. is your thing there is loads of fun to be had.

Be aware if downloading that there maybe some queues as it has just been released in open beta form. Enjoy! :yes:

sted

Rising Star
Is this Path of Exile by chance a horror and if so to what scale? I've not yet watched the video. Reason being I have little to no interest in horror based things in general, with the exception of Bioshock, which ain't all that much of a horror kind of thing to me.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Is this Path of Exile by chance a horror and if so to what scale? I've not yet watched the video. Reason being I have little to no interest in horror based things in general, with the exception of Bioshock, which ain't all that much of a horror kind of thing to me.

couldn't be more wrong, it's like diablo haha

sted

Rising Star
Good, good! I'll haves look at it then, though Diablo doesn't look particularly pleasing to me, not sure why though, can't seem to put my finger on what I don't like about it exactly.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
There is also a torrent available on a certain site; which may/may not speed this up if youre desperate. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
If not then Im sure as the initial madness to download subsides it will be quicker in a few days. If you are interested in/new to this genre and havent played it yet, Titans quest with immortal throne and the fan patch is awesome; especially if you have any interest in Greek mythology. Available pretty cheaply,you can play it online or offline, and it can suck up your time all too quickly. I believe this is sort of the spiritual successor to Titans quest, and that some of the devs that worked on TQ worked on this.

Edit: - The torrent is nice and quick. Dont look at the other stuff on there kiddies! :D Remember this is free....other games on that site arent.

Last edited:

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Played this for a while last night, seems great for that genre of game, global chat spam is annoying but it is a new game with people asking questions etc. and the chat can be hidden. Played for about an hour and got no bugs except when I left the game, it crashed/hung. Went in there again to see if my progress had saved etc. and it had, and so tried to load exit a few more times, and it didnt crash again; think it was a server syncing hiccup.

Overall great stuff so far, enjoying it. :yes:. Nicely polished graphics for this style, and seems nicely optimised etc. When it crashed though, RAM useage immediately skyrocketed to make my system use 75% of 8gb of ram. Hmmmmmm! I didnt notice any lag either my end, although there were a few comments about latency coming up in the chat; didnt know where to look for any latency indicator either but didnt really look.

If you play it and find any bugs, post them in the forum.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Got this last night after watching the "WTF is..." of it. Overall I'm really impressed with it and it seems like a solid game. The end game looks interesting with the way the map system works and I like that they have other unique things like the way the currency system works and the passive and active skills system as well.

Everyone playing should post there in game name, I'm in the default league called "KalisNoir" so hit me up.

Rakk

The Awesome
I did have a go this morning, but I think I've got RSI or tendonitis in my right wrist at the moment :(, so I found playing it rather painful, so I don't think I'm going to get very far with it :(
I'm also in the default league and my ranger is called Rokaab (though as I say, dunno if I'll be on it much).

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Default league called Taraque and I'm a Witch :D

Yeh, but what class are you in game? :shifty:

I have two, first is NilSatis, a level 7 Shadow. Second is Lungtickler, a level 8 Duelist. Both on default league atm. Really enjoying it tbh!

sted

Rising Star
Yeh, but what class are you in game? :shifty:

I have two, first is NilSatis, a level 7 Shadow. Second is Lungtickler, a level 8 Duelist. Both on default league atm. Really enjoying it tbh!

"Would you like some aloe Vera? You just got burnt." - Smelly Pooper