PC arrived

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Magadeep how is the PC? I’m on 110 days awaiting dispatch 😆
PC arrived yesterday without any issues at all! Just been downloading and tinkering for a while. @AgentCooper please don't shoot me for the lack of cable management, it's a work in progress......
1619015621558.png
1619015633210.png

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
So I do have 2 very small outstanding items;
1) Game codes, I got 1/3 but understand PCS can't do much to help, not the end of the world at all.
2) I don't seem to have any paperwork for the Zotac 3080 in the welcome pack box.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I do have 2 very small outstanding items;
1) Game codes, I got 1/3 but understand PCS can't do much to help, not the end of the world at all.
2) I don't seem to have any paperwork for the Zotac 3080 in the welcome pack box.
Any modern user guides would be on the manufacturers website. Not sure if you get any user guides with GPU’s though.

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
Any modern user guides would be on the manufacturers website. Not sure if you get any user guides with GPU’s though.
I'm new to the PC world so wasn't sure what to expect. I thought there would be some form of manual or warranty or reference for the GPU just like all the other parts, but the only Zotac bit in the box were the stickers which I can only assume are applied to the GPU to draw out those extra few frames...

Citrus_9

Expert
I'm new to the PC world so wasn't sure what to expect. I thought there would be some form of manual or warranty or reference for the GPU just like all the other parts, but the only Zotac bit in the box were the stickers which I can only assume are applied to the GPU to draw out those extra few frames...
All of those things are online these days ;)

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
I’m not mad...

View attachment 25218

I jest, of course. I realise that not everyone has the same... sickness as me. System looks great, hope it brings you plenty of good times 👍
@AgentCooper I’ve had a first crack at the cable management. Any advice on improvements? I’ve gone for M&K cables coming from the back of the desk and headset/controller cables zip tied under.

Attachments

• E082E219-BDCC-410F-A485-9E1F7EBF1473.jpeg
    E082E219-BDCC-410F-A485-9E1F7EBF1473.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 1B58E78A-53BD-4FA6-85EE-1F11EB57056E.jpeg
    1B58E78A-53BD-4FA6-85EE-1F11EB57056E.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 7A4694FD-0543-4F34-85A9-F10FC80CAAEA.jpeg
    7A4694FD-0543-4F34-85A9-F10FC80CAAEA.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The cable trays under the desk are great, glad to see them in use. What would be key in my obsessive mind would be to get some of the cables that are peeking out tucked away behind the closest object. Whatever works; zip ties, blu-tak, or a little cranny you could just wedge them into. These are the ones that caught my eye, if those wires disappear it’ll help with a nice tidy look 🙂

212AE024-54A9-4D29-B30E-18C9D856C648.jpeg

I'm
The cable trays under the desk are great, glad to see them in use. What would be key in my obsessive mind would be to get some of the cables that are peeking out tucked away behind the closest object. Whatever works; zip ties, blu-tak, or a little cranny you could just wedge them into. These are the ones that caught my eye, if those wires disappear it’ll help with a nice tidy look 🙂

View attachment 25403
images (1).jpeg

AlienBzkts

I'm actually scared to post mine when it will arrive, cause my lack of cable management would reach levels that you couldn't possibly imagine.

Nice rig tho!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's tidy
I tidy it up about once a year, and it's all sweet until I start swapping client storage devices around...then realise I can't see the ports on the back of the Mac and plug the hub back in, and then leave it in.

After about a month, it's back to how it looks now, as it's easier to have everything to hand (even if it's a bit messy) than trying to find the correct cable for each machine (some drives are TB2, some are TB3, some are USB-C, some are USB-2, and some are shucked storage drives that I put into my TB2 enclosure).

There's even a custom-made (for iMac) shelf on the back of the display arm that holds my Elgato TB2 hub.

You can probably just see the printer behind the laptop & monitor, and one of the backup drives and Thunderbolt enclosure on the left of the left-hand set of speakers (behind my vit-d pills to help with being indoors at a computer for 12-20 hours a day).