Pc beeping on start up

Madjuls

Hi, I have started getting 3 beeps when booting my stalker gt vr pc. I have tryed to access bios by pressing keys & windows 10 settings but I get a no signal on screen then beeping and then it goes straight to windows sign in screen. I have cleaned the pc and checked that all components are seated and connected and I was hoping anyone can give me some advice on this matter.

steaky360

Hi @Madjuls can you post the spec from your order page so we know what motherboard/components/etc. you have as it makes a difference with respect to beep codes.

Its not the right code for this, but does it still happen regardless of whether you turn your monitor(s) on first (ie before your PC) or not?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you're getting 3 short beeps that would suggest a RAM issue. Pop your RAM cards out and then reinsert them fully. Stuff does move in transit sometimes.

Madjuls

I ordered my pc from littlewoods so I have no spec from your order page but I have enclosed my system Info snapshot if that helps.

Attachments

• System Info.jpg
    System Info.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 119

Madjuls

Hi @Madjuls can you post the spec from your order page so we know what motherboard/components/etc. you have as it makes a difference with respect to beep codes.

Its not the right code for this, but does it still happen regardless of whether you turn your monitor(s) on first (ie before your PC) or not?
I booted pc with monitor turned off and still get beep.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1 long and 3 short but it was that quick i only thought it was 3 but it is 1 long and three short.
That does point to a gpu error code.

Just to confirm, how do you power on the monitor before turning on the computer, and what cable is it connected to the computer by?

Madjuls

That does point to a gpu error code.

Just to confirm, how do you power on the monitor before turning on the computer, and what cable is it connected to the computer by?
I turn on monitor first by plug socket then power button then I turn on pc & it is connected by hdmi cable.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes the card has but the monitor is only hdmi connection.
And are there any other symptoms? Does it run fine when it windows?

There's a known fault on Asus boards. Modern monitors constantly send a return code even when in sleep mode to let the pc know it's there. Older monitors send this return code but not while in sleep. Asus boards now give a false GPU error code on older monitors that don't send this return code when they're off. The workaround is to have the monitor powered up and ready when you first turn on the PC so that the return code is instantly sent by the monitor. Or to use a display port instead which doesn't send the return code.

Madjuls

And are there any other symptoms? Does it run fine when it windows?

There's a known fault on Asus boards. Modern monitors constantly send a return code even when in sleep mode to let the pc know it's there. Older monitors send this return code but not while in sleep. Asus boards now give a false GPU error code on older monitors that don't send this return code when they're off. The workaround is to have the monitor powered up and ready when you first turn on the PC so that the return code is instantly sent by the monitor. Or to use a display port instead which doesn't send the return code.
everything has been working fine for the last 2 years i have had the pc and the problem has only just started over the last 2 months when pc starts everything is working well.

Madjuls

Did anything change around the same time?
Moved the PC, reinstalled OS, drivers./..that kinda thing?
pc has not been moved just cleand with air duster & only windows updates & graphic drivers updated so just normal stuff.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
pc has not been moved just cleand with air duster & only windows updates & graphic drivers updated so just normal stuff.
I'd check that all graphics card, memory are properly seated and all other connections are ok, just in case you've inadvertently disturbed something while using the air duster