PC beeps then fails to start up.

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I'm not an expert with 4K gaming, so I probably can't give the best answer here.

When buying a monitor, you generally have to ask yourself a few questions:

1) What do I want the monitor to ideally achieve? E.g. highest refresh rate with minimal ghosting, best image quality, HDR gaming

2) Does my current hardware get the most out of the monitor? Such as being able to achieve a high framerate at 2K, or 4K

3) Does the monitor you have in mind have known QC issues? From my experience, Samsung make great monitors but their QC is very mixed for a lot of people.

4) Do you ideally want IPS, VA, or OLED? All 3 of these have pros/cons. For example, OLED has the best image quality but is prone to issues such as image burn in.

5) What size do you want the monitor to be? This is often underlooked, but is just as important as the others. Sitting up close to a 32" monitor will be difficult for some users, and pixels become more spread out under larger monitors.

6) What is the main purpose of the monitor? If your main function is text clarity, then office monitors with smart features may be best suited. If it is for the highest refresh rates with low ghosting and low input lag, then a gaming monitor is best.

For your specific setup, I don't know how good a 4070ti is for 4K gaming, but I imagine it should be able to achieve 60fps in most games. For single player gamers, this is not an issue at all. For multiplayer gamers, it may struggle to achieve high FPS due to the larger resolution.

Hope this helps!

Valefan16

Thanks all, I have added an 850W PsU and the 4070ti with a 2550 x 1440 monitor, looks great on MSFS certainly an improvement so some positive to having to replace the GPU and appreciate the advise on here.

One issue I do still have is the beeps however when I turn the PC on it still does it but only when the monitor is off? Still runs fine it seems and actually boots up and runs but seems to still be doing that, which it wasn’t before? Any ideas on that would be helpful?

paul1224

If it runs fine and is only when the monitor is off it is likely a 'false positive' in my experience, effectively it is just a warning to state no connection detected from the GPU to monitor (because it is off).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks all, I have added an 850W PsU and the 4070ti with a 2550 x 1440 monitor, looks great on MSFS certainly an improvement so some positive to having to replace the GPU and appreciate the advise on here.

One issue I do still have is the beeps however when I turn the PC on it still does it but only when the monitor is off? Still runs fine it seems and actually boots up and runs but seems to still be doing that, which it wasn’t before? Any ideas on that would be helpful?
As @paul1224 correctly says, it’s a false positive from the motherboard. Some modern monitors give out a constant signal even when in sleep to say “I’m here”.

The board is expecting that code even though most monitors don’t produce it, so as the monitor isn’t giving it (because it’s off) the board incorrectly assumes there’s a gpu error.

Workaround is to bring the monitor out of sleep before powering on the pc