PC Build For Animation and Rendering. Any good? (£2500 - £3000 budget)

smoore90

Mmm that is true.... I'll give it a think for sure! It's only £20 difference to do what you are saying.

Isn't there this whole business of Ryzen preferring the RAM spread over 4 sticks instead of 2 though? That's what kind of made me think it was necessary to kind of commit to all 4 now.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
@smoore90 - if you up the CPU to the 5950X, you’d benefit from changing motherboard to the Crosshair, bear that in mind when doing the financial calculations 😬👍

smoore90

@smoore90 - if you up the CPU to the 5950X, you’d benefit from changing motherboard to the Crosshair, bear that in mind when doing the financial calculations 😬👍
Oh good to know! I think that might be too much of a cost jump with the motherboard too.

I'm already very impressed with the 5900X anyway to be fair. Since I was going to order this computer in October and decided at the last minute to wait and see what the new AMD CPUs looked like in November. Very glad I did!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Mmm that is true.... I'll give it a think for sure! It's only £20 difference to do what you are saying.

Isn't there this whole business of Ryzen preferring the RAM spread over 4 sticks instead of 2 though? That's what kind of made me think it was necessary to kind of commit to all 4 now.

Indeed the RAM needs to be considered. Again, in this situation..... I don't think it will make much odds. I would personally keep 2 slots open just in case :D

smoore90

Sorry to revive an old thread! @Scott's advice on the RAM and CPU has been playing on my mind and I'm considering altering the order! I'm just wondering if you could explain why it's also necessary to upgrade the motherboard? It appears from the chipset that the 5950X is compatible so I'm just curious why you think that would be beneficial?