PC Clans/Communities for Dummies

aka Foamy

Hi all,

After years of console gaming I've decide to head over to PC gaming and will be ordering from here come pay day. In anticipation I've been checking out the clan scene on PC and I'm so lost.

I've found countless BF3/MW3 but nothing that does a wider variety of games. My personal tastes are really broad multiplayer wise I play CoD and will be playing BF3 and MW3 when they come out. I'm also looking forward to playing Dawn of War II, Shogun II, Starcraft II as well as Minecraft and Blood Bowl. That's my list but I know there's way more out there for me to sample like League of Legends, Team Fortress, CS, Left 4 Dead, blah blah blah.

I'm not a l33t kid so I don't want to be ultra competitive all the time but I've also spent the last year and a bit playing in a really well organised console league (www.thewgl.co.uk) not a plug just informational and really enjoyed being able to track my teams progress. I really never enjoyed playing gamebattles as it's generally squeaky kids who immediately accuse anyone who beats them of cheating.

So my questions are:

Any recommendations for clans or communities?
What's the best way to build a social circle over a pc game? (I only know the one other PC gamer in real life)

liamnic2

Super Star
What's the best way to build a social circle over a pc game? (I only know the one other PC gamer in real life)

I would use steam. Im not a steam user but I always get invites from people asking to join clans etc.. If your looking into a specific game then you could look for the main forum for that, if there is one, and there is usually some clan area