PC Crashing 3 + times a day, can't pinpoint the reasoning behind why it is crashing

Aaka0

My desktop is relatively new and I've been experiencing frequent freezing / crashing, which occurs at least 2 - 3 times a day, often exceeding that to the point of 4 - 5 times a day. I don't use any torrents or dodgy websites, I mainly use the PC to game and get work done. Are there any programs I can use that can help me pinpoint the root of the crash? The desktop is about to reach the year mark so it's relatively still relatively new. Any suggestions on how to go about identifying the problem would be much appreciated.

I've listed my specs below

Case: COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE
Processor: (CPU) Intel® CoreTM i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - ARGB Ready

Memory: (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive: 4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive: 512GB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 32GB Intel® OptaneTM (up to 2300MB/sR |

1300MB/sW)

Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W RM SERIESTM MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling Corsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card ASUS STRIX Raid Pro 7.1 PCIe sound card
Wireless/Wired Networking ASUS PCE-AX58BT Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) 2400Mbps/5GHz, 600Mbps/2.4GHz
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Aaka0

Update: I've downloaded CPUID HW Monitor and the temperatures look acceptable across the board hovering between 25 - 38 degrees Celsius so I don't think it's an overheating issue.

If you have bullguard antivirus uninstall it it causes issues are all your graphics drivers up to date and all windows updates are up to date ? Is the system idle when it crashes or during gaming ? Are there any crash logs etc ?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hey buddy, sorry to hear you're having these issues. I've checked your order on our system and your warranty will run out in less than a week, I've sent you a DM with my direct email if you want to communicate this way to get the problem sorted. I can update this forum post for all our lovely users to see what the resolution was presuming we find one over email.

Aaka0

Thanks for the help and communication, I've sent through an email attaching the application and system logs. Hopefully it's an easy fix since my warranty is due to run out

Aaka0

If you have bullguard antivirus uninstall it it causes issues are all your graphics drivers up to date and all windows updates are up to date ? Is the system idle when it crashes or during gaming ? Are there any crash logs etc ?
I have Bullguard internet security, should I try uninstalling it?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I have just fished your emails out and had a look for you. The system logs aren't telling us anything useful sadly. The dump files are all showing up blank (0kb) could you check your minidump folder and see if they show up as 0kb on your end? Feel free to DM me (click my avatar and press 'Start Conversation')

Aaka0

After sending my dump files across to Jack, he came to the conclusion that it was a GPU issue that was causing the crashing.

I was advised to uninstall my NVIDIA drivers back to a July version, I uninstalled the drivers using DDU and installed the July version however I'm still experiencing frequent crashes to the point where the desktop is almost unusable for gaming purposes. I'd be lucky to get an hours worth of gaming without a restart / freeze.

Are there any other options I can exhaust to try and get to the root of the issue? If need be I can upload my dump drive files.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After sending my dump files across to Jack, he came to the conclusion that it was a GPU issue that was causing the crashing.

I was advised to uninstall my NVIDIA drivers back to a July version, I uninstalled the drivers using DDU and installed the July version however I'm still experiencing frequent crashes to the point where the desktop is almost unusable for gaming purposes. I'd be lucky to get an hours worth of gaming without a restart / freeze.

Are there any other options I can exhaust to try and get to the root of the issue? If need be I can upload my dump drive files.
Yes, if you could upload the dumps hopefully @ubuysa can take a gander.

Just wondering, what BIOS version are you on?

Did you uninstall bullguard?

Aaka0

Yes, if you could upload the dumps hopefully @ubuysa can take a gander.

Just wondering, what BIOS version are you on?

Did you uninstall bullguard?
Here is the link for the Mini dump files - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RHUZmGZZDtb513sTKxgh-LhN4uxq601H

The BIOS version I'm on is - American Megatrends inc. 1502 - 21/02/2020

Bullguard has been completely uninstalled.

I'm on standby if there's anything else that needs to be done. Thanks in advance :)

Aaka0

I don't think I have Intel IRST installed, I'll download it now.
I've attached a screenshot of the windows update page below

Attachments

• Screenshot (101).png
    Screenshot (101).png
    349.1 KB · Views: 103

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Here is the link for the Mini dump files - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RHUZmGZZDtb513sTKxgh-LhN4uxq601H

The BIOS version I'm on is - American Megatrends inc. 1502 - 21/02/2020

Bullguard has been completely uninstalled.

I'm on standby if there's anything else that needs to be done. Thanks in advance :)
Can you make the dump file public please?

Is there a kernel dump in the file C:\Windows\Memory.dmp?

I'd love to see the System and Application logs too if you can?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't think I have Intel IRST installed, I'll download it now.
I've attached a screenshot of the windows update page below
You've got lots of updates pending so the system is currently not configured.

We need to get windows up to date before starting any troubleshooting.

You need to apply the platform upgrade and the optional updates, optional updates are drivers so they're very important to a stable system.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If there are drivers in those optional updates then it's not really worth looking at any dumps just now. If it fails once all updates are installed do please upload any available dumps (minidumps or kernel dumps - kernel dumps are preferred). :)

Aaka0

I've downloaded all the required and optional windows updates and I'm still experiencing the restarting/ freezing at the same rate as before.
I've gone into the system log and uploaded a detailed system log of the potential errors. The link to the system log is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wb9EJpZRjVxVlJoHFtoR5THMb8DClMTo

If anyone could take a look and let me know if they're able to identify the source for the constant crashing that would be much appreciated. I'm still on stand by and happy to try anymore potential solutions.

Aaka0

I don't know if this is relevant but I'll attach the screenshot anyway. Whilst using MSI afterburner to see how the desktop was functioning, the memory usage seems to be particularly high and I don't know why that is.

Attachments

• Screenshot (104).png
    Screenshot (104).png
    408.5 KB · Views: 126