Pc Crashing.

WayPow

Can anyone help me figure out whats wrong with my pc.

Recently while playing a game my screen would just turn black and i could hear sounds for a few seconds before my pc would just reboot itself.

Now my pc is freezing randomly even when not playing games. Cant move the mouse or do anything completely frozen so i have to switch off the pc. sometimes after it boots back up it will go black and restart itself again.

I tried formatting but did nothing.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

WayPow

Can you post the specs of your PCS system please?
Case
NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (BLACK)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive
6TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting
2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Accoun

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Regarding event viewer, it will be useful to see both the System and Application logs. Please do the following...

1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.

Also look in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and if there are any dump files in there that are related (check the timestamps) please zip them up together and upload them here.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Im assuming its a hardware problem?
I meant the fact that we're asking for system reports, when you've seemingly formatted the disk where they would be, so all the original diagnostic data will be gone?

My apologies if I've misunderstood what you were implying.

WayPow

Regarding event viewer, it will be useful to see both the System and Application logs. Please do the following...

1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file here.

Also look in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and if there are any dump files in there that are related (check the timestamps) please zip them up together and upload them here.
Is this right?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Attachments

• Application.zip
    213.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    168 KB · Views: 56

WayPow

Can you post a screenshot of your Windows Update page please? And if you open Event Viewer, do you see any error messages recorded for the times when the PC crashed? Look under Windows Log -> System
this windows update page?

yes there was some error messages there i uploaded them in the file above.

Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    508.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    129.4 KB · Views: 60

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
Typically, if you're playing a game and the screen goes black but you still hear audio, it's indicative of a GPU which could simply be a driver issue or a hardware issue (I had this happen on Overwatch).

However, to rule out other potential issues you could back up your files to an external drive and try a fresh install of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (assuming you're on Windows 10): https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Once that's done, download the windows + motherboard drivers + GPU drivers. If it's still having issues after a fresh install, I'd look into potential hardware issues.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Is this right?
Yes, that's exactly what I asked for. :)

Sadly there is nothing that stands out in your logs. The three live minidumps all point at a USB3 device issue, though I'm not able to identify the specific device (it's the USB3 hub that's reporting the error). This looks like a USB3 device driver issue.

I would follow @IRLRobinS' advice above and check for driver updates in Windows Update. You'll need to click on 'view optional updates' and then expand 'driver updates' to see them.