PC Dropping 100 Frames for Split Seconds

cadeo

Bronze Level Poster
I didn’t know if this is the right thread to post it in but here goes, my pc was running fine until I started installing more games to my ssd now all of a sudden when playing Cold War my frames are going from 280 to 150 at random times and it’s causing scan and repair issues I only got it on the 23rd I’m running a ryzen 7 5800x an asus rog 3080 and 16GB of RAM at 3200mhz

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this is due to Cold War being quite unoptimised, my setup sometimes drops down to 50fps compared to the usual 150-180fps. Are you noticing a drop in any other games or just Cold War? I noticed a new driver update was released today, try download this and see how it goes!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I didn’t know if this is the right thread to post it in but here goes, my pc was running fine until I started installing more games to my ssd now all of a sudden when playing Cold War my frames are going from 280 to 150 at random times and it’s causing scan and repair issues I only got it on the 23rd I’m running a ryzen 7 5800x an asus rog 3080 and 16GB of RAM at 3200mhz
Can you post your full spec from your orders page, do you have bullguard installed, if so uninstall it and just use windows defender, as bullguard causes problems including dropping frames

cadeo

Bronze Level Poster
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this is due to Cold War being quite unoptimised, my setup sometimes drops down to 50fps compared to the usual 150-180fps. Are you noticing a drop in any other games or just Cold War? I noticed a new driver update was released today, try download this and see how it goes!
I’ve downloaded the new driver and I haven’t tested any other games but it was running without any issues the first 2 days I had the pc and now it’s happening no idea why, I’ve played Warzone and that seems to be running better which amazes me considering how bad that game runs usually

cadeo

Bronze Level Poster
Can you post your full spec from your orders page, do you have bullguard installed, if so uninstall it and just use windows defender, as bullguard causes problems including dropping frames
I would but it shows all my old specs not my updated ones for what I changed to and I opted out of getting bullguard when buying

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey man, currently (and it's well known) COD Warzone and Black Ops Cold War are very poorly optimized. Try playing another game and see if the issue persists :)

cadeo

Bronze Level Poster
Hey man, currently (and it's well known) COD Warzone and Black Ops Cold War are very poorly optimized. Try playing another game and see if the issue persists :)
Yeah it’s mostly just cod I just don’t get how it was fine the first two days and now it’s not, was concerned there was something wrong

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah it’s mostly just cod I just don’t get how it was fine the first two days and now it’s not, was concerned there was something wrong

Don't worry, there is nothing wrong. They'll never fix it. Their servers are complete trash as well