PC for photography.

ChrissG

I'm currently looking through the vast list of available options at building a PC but I am a little overwhelmed by it all. The main area I'll be using the PC will be photography, mainly Astrophotography.

I see there's alot of gaming PC's and video editing PC's. Is there a specific area I need to look into for my needs?

Pete

Bright Spark
Wish i was good at astro photography, i only do the odd startrail and leave the rest to the experts.

Spec probably depends more on your budget, I recently went with an i5, two hard disks: 640 caviar black for os, apps and games and a 1tb Green drive for my photos and storage, 4GB ram and a GTX460 graphics card.

I don't think you'd need a beast of gaming machine but if you're doing a lot in Photoshop or processing the images a lot then upgrade the processor and amount of ram wouldn't hurt.

if you post your budget there are a load of people here better suited than me at picking a spec for you.

ChrissG

Yea I was thinking I wouldn't need extreme specs like on a Gaming machine but my budget is fairly high, £2000-£2500, as I don't want the PC to be left behind like my current one is slow. clunky and sometimes frustrating to use.