PC for Sims 4

giatay

As the title suggests I need major help with purchasing a new PC for my daughter. The problem I am having is choosing the correct processor and making sure the video card, sound card and DirectX are included. (Brain strain!) It would need to be an off-the-shelf job as I'm not interested in custom builds. She is 10 and wants to play Sims 4, probably other titles as well, watching YouTube videos, general surfing and school work. Budget is £300. Must be Wi-Fi enabled as she will play in her room. I don't suppose the quality of graphics is that important, but keen not to have it lagging. Any advise or recommendations would be great. Thanks for the help

keynes

Multiverse Poster
the forum belongs to PCS who sells custom builds. It is not encouraged to give advice on other retailers. Regarding your requirements, any more demanding games involved apart from the Sims ?

giatay

Not really. Just what I stated. If you can't really advise me on any PC's, could you recommend any other forums (apart from EA) or any other advice. Cheers.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
They're not PCS therefore no real discussion can be had.

You're not going to find the same builds for cheaper elsewhere. £300 will not buy a semi decent budget PC regardless of where you look.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
This is the closest you will get. Its £322 and will play Sims 4 on low settings (http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8400.93720.0.html). It doesn't have wifi and is a custom build from PCS. Sadly £300 is a tight budget and will limit the PC greatly. If you could afford to put it up to £400 then you can get a much more capable machine that would be futureproofed better. Going up to £400 could get you a better hard drive, CPU, dedicated graphics card, a better case and probably silver warranty too

Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB

Processor (CPU)
AMD Athlon 5350 Quad Core APU (2.05GHz/AM1) & Radeon™ HD8400

Motherboard
ASUS® AM1M-A: (M-ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, 6Gb/s)

Memory (RAM)
4GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 4GB)

Graphics Card
Integrated AMD Radeon HD 8000 / R7 Series Graphics

1st Hard Disk
500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 350W VS SERIES™ VS-350 POWER SUPPLY

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days