PC for strange combination

johnB33

Hey,

Not exactly experienced in what you are doing with the editing here but I will ask a question. Do you think that the processor power/speed is scaling well with the the speeds of the SSD you've chosen? I'm thinking you obviously get greater speeds if you go for m2 ssd but the question is if you really need it and certainly the cost will be a little higher. What you've selected there might be just fine, I just thought I'd point out and ask. The specs overall are looking great to me! :cool:
I need to read up on M2 SSDs ty.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It's actually not just PS as I do my stacking in other software as PS is rubbish at stacking. Currently on my mac I use starrylandscape stacker, but there is another program called Sequator for the pc.
I'm not familar with those different software - and you might find few here that are. Fingers crossed someone pipes in who has experience with them.

It would be worth trying to confirm what their recommended minimum and optimum specs are if you can find that info.

Post-Script:

I also have to ask - as I have spent many a happy night out my back garden with Binoculars working my way through the Messier objects - if the mods don't mind the brief distraction - would you post an example or two of your stacked photos in the Photography section that @AgentCooper linked above? (I think he has just set it up. :D ) You just can't beat a good astrophotograph to set your place in the Universe! :love:

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Do you have any required specifications for the programmes you use? Do they benefit from multiple cores or is single core performance better? Are there any RAM or GPU requirements? This might help choose between the CPUs.

Thanks. for the info guys. I didn't think about the speed of the SSD. My budget is approaching £1800.

That's where I started PSU wise and the webpage said don't be so silly.

Here's the link I should have posted.

That's something I didn't think about. Thank you.
Yeah unfortunately the webpage only accounts for the current build and not a upgrade path its pritty anoyying !

johnB33

I'm not familar with those different software - and you might find few here that are. Fingers crossed someone pipes in who has experience with them.

It would be worth trying to confirm what their recommended minimum and optimum specs are if you can find that info.

Post-Script:

I also have to ask - as I have spent many a happy night out my back garden with Binoculars working my way through the Messier objects - if the mods don't mind the brief distraction - would you post an example or two of your stacked photos in the Photography section that @AgentCooper linked above? (I think he has just set it up. :D ) You just can't beat a good astrophotograph to set your place in the Universe! :love:
Done. It's not my best, but it's the first one that came to hand. I hope you like it. J.