PC Game Deals!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
You know the gmg bioshock infinite deal, which gives you the choice of 2 additional games they've decided to add Xcom to it as well :O

Four great games (if infinite turns out to be good) for £23.99

Also a pretty awesome bioshock infinite preorder deal £23.99 (if that wasn't good enough) you get two free games when you preorder bioshock all register on steam

the free game choices are
bioshock + civ 5
bioshock +spec ops
bioshock + mafia 2
bioshock + bioshock 2
bioshock + the darkness 2

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
You know the gmg bioshock infinite deal, which gives you the choice of 2 additional games they've decided to add Xcom to it as well :O

God dammit guys, I told myself I was happy with my current game library. Dammit dammit dammit, I've wanted XCOM for a while and I've yet to play any of the Bioshocks :( Do you think getting Bioshock 1, 2, and infinite in a bundle would be too much overkill? I bought dead space 1 and 2 once for the xbox and only managed up to about chapter 10 out of 12 on the first one and got terribly bored. Still haven't touched the second one...

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
God dammit guys, I told myself I was happy with my current game library. Dammit dammit dammit, I've wanted XCOM for a while and I've yet to play any of the Bioshocks :( Do you think getting Bioshock 1, 2, and infinite in a bundle would be too much overkill? I bought dead space 1 and 2 once for the xbox and only managed up to about chapter 10 out of 12 on the first one and got terribly bored. Still haven't touched the second one...

I feel your pain.

I stopped playing Dead Space 2 until my heart recovers though... scary sssssstuff

rickne

Master Poster

Xcom was always going to be in the deal eventually. Same deal everywhere else.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Is Xcom good? I heard that is was heavily under rated.

I cant decide between this deal or SimCity5.

Im worried i dont have a high enough IQ for simcity though. :taz:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Is Xcom good? I heard that is was heavily under rated.

I cant decide between this deal or SimCity5.

Im worried i dont have a high enough IQ for simcity though. :taz:

I've played the demo on steam and it seemed pretty good. Turn based squad game, apparently very easy to become attached to your squad members and people have been known to be in tears when they've been killed xD Depends what you're into though.

I'm in a similar boat though, I'd like Sim City but I don't know if I'd be that great at it. I don't really give those games enough of a chance to gain enough knowledge on them. I just keep telling myself I don't need new games for now... Resist...

SlickShoes

Sim City isn't that difficult I don't think, you can get really geeky about it and look under the hood at all the stats and what not but so far I have spent 20 hours putting together a few different cities and never felt like I was failing. Your first city will be horrible until you realise how the game works on a basic level and that you can't put everything in one single city, once that is out the way join a region full of gamers or start a small one on your own and control all 3 cities.

The time flies in when you are playing it, it does still have some problems though but I can't really see it coming down in price any time soon so saying wait and get it later seems a bit pointless.

If you google stuff about it there are lots of people getting annoyed that some of the population data is inflated, sims dont go back to a single house or job if you go to ground level and follow them etc but none of those things bother me at all while they are game breaking for hardcore sim fans.

If you just want to build some cool looking cities then you can easily sink 20+ hours in to the game.

I have XCOM and i'd say thats a more hardcore game than Sim City is.

sted

Rising Star
This is a request, rather than adding a deal and also not a game, but seems most relevant a place, other than opening a new thread.

A relative needs a new computer and it's most regular use will be browsing and very basic things, but will be used for one fairly old game that has trouble on newer systems, even moreso on newer OS' than XP, etc. So if anyone knows of or could recommend somewhere I can order windows XP from, it would be greatly appreciated. The computer they are going for will only have an i3-3220 and 4GB RAM, so it doesn't matter if it is 32bit instead of 64.

steaky360

Groupees build a bundle 5 http://groupees.com/

Build your own bundle.

Choose a minimum of two of the following games to build your very own bundle ($0.75) each:
Storm in a Teacup (Steam)
Manhunter
Marvins Mittens
Dawnstar
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus (Steam)
Nethergate: Ressurection (Steam)
Spellforce - Platinum Edition (Steam)
Lume (Steam)
Dawning

As A Bonus everyone who purchases gets the following music/game:
Ancient Astronauts Collection (MP3)
Kabanjak Colection (MP3)
2 from 'Originator' (MP3/FLAC)
Rumble Video (MP4)
Millenium 2 : Take me Higher (DRM Free)