PC Game Deals!

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
Farcry was on sale at £17.99 on Steam over the weekend, not sure if it's been pulled now. Snapped that straight up! When does Steam normally have their summer sale? yes in the summer :stupid: but when..?

sted

Rising Star
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals for a physical copy of Guild Wars 2? The cheapest I've come across on Play was £33, GAME were at £37.99 - Seems a bit much for a game that's been out for over a year, especially considering new PC titles are being released at about £30 on Play a lot of the time, from my experiebce.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals for a physical copy of Guild Wars 2? The cheapest I've come across on Play was £33, GAME were at £37.99 - Seems a bit much for a game that's been out for over a year, especially considering new PC titles are being released at about £30 on Play a lot of the time, from my experiebce.

GW2 was released at the end of August :) Just sayin'

Also I think they justify (or try to) the still high price by the fact its a B2P MMO, so you pay once and still get a potentially limitless experience (i.e. some games charge £30 and you are done with it in 12 hours of play).

End of the day, most you are going to save is maybe £10, may as well just go for it now :D

sted

Rising Star
Oh. Someone told me it was released over a year ago, so I just went by their word. :S Good point though.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea GW2 is a different kettle of fish Sted. Whereas things like WoW charge monthly to bring in their income, GW2 will rely on physical copies sold and also the standard cash shop items you can buy with real money. It's a bit risky paying £40 up front for something you may not like but I quite like the idea of not being tied down and not being forced to play it. I've found with GW2 that once you've paid your up front fee you don't really have to spend anything else, not from what I've experienced anyway (although this could change at the higher levels... I haven't played a huge amount). Most MMO's will rope you in by not charging anything but then practically force you to splash real cash on it.

What I'm trying to say is GW2 won't be £3.75 in the Steam sales anytime soon :) Plus it's the kind of genre which should only get better the longer it's around due to various updates and fixes. A bog standard game released 12 months ago will normally be the same now than it was on release, GW2 should be different now than it was on release :)

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Check out Amazon.co.uk for Guild Wars 2. There is a seller there doing it for 28 quid with free delivery supposedly. I got mine for 28 quid shipped from Tesco direct I believe, so the price does go down a bit on occasion. If you think you will like the game then go for it, you wont be disappointed. Even for a few pounds more there is a load of game there for you....

The trilogy is also quite good (first guild wars) if you haven't played it. Although very....long. There are also not too many people playing pve on the original anymore, at least on prophecies.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Check out Amazon.co.uk for Guild Wars 2. There is a seller there doing it for 28 quid with free delivery supposedly. I got mine for 28 quid shipped from Tesco direct I believe, so the price does go down a bit on occasion. If you think you will like the game then go for it, you wont be disappointed. Even for a few pounds more there is a load of game there for you....

The trilogy is also quite good (first guild wars) if you haven't played it. Although very....long. There are also not too many people playing pve on the original anymore, at least on prophecies.

It's worth adding as well that even if you buy the DVD copy of GW2, the install is still pretty dam long and it will have to complete all the updates since release before you can play which could take hours (or days in my case!). Basically don't expect to be able to jump right in just if you get the disc version!

sted

Rising Star
Ugh, after the Witcher 2 and the 10GB update I think I'll hold off for now then with installing it, when/if I buy. :S Started that Witcher update at about 1PM and it didn't finish until 2am+, and even told me the net dropped numerous times, but luckily it continued from the current progress each time I had to hit retry.

Narcotics

Rising Star
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg...+dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1366669974&tag=hotukdeals-21

Colin McRae Dirt £0.49

Rayman Raving Rabbids £0.01

Darksiders £2.49

Dawn of War £2.49

CSI Deadly intent £0.37

Sim City Societies £1.99

Assassins Creed 2 £1.99

Crazy Machines £0.01

HAWX - £2.49

HAWX 2 £1.99

Civilisation 4 £1.29

GH Aerosmith £0.01

Megadrive collection 3 £0.49

Megadrive collection 1 £0.99

Maelstrom - £0.49

Tropico 3 £0.99

Prey £1.39

Colin McRae Dirt £0.49

Stormrise - £0.99

Patrician 4 - £0.01

Legendary £0.30

Rockband song pack 1 for Wii £1.99

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg...+dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1366669974&tag=hotukdeals-21

Colin McRae Dirt £0.49

Darksiders £2.49

Dawn of War £2.49

CSI Deadly intent £0.37

Sim City Societies £1.99

Assassins Creed 2 £1.99

Crazy Machines £0.01

HAWX - £2.49

HAWX 2 £1.99

Civilisation 4 £1.29

GH Aerosmith £0.01