PC Game Deals!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Finished Control today, think my brain has finished exploding now.
Not sure what’s next, think either Shadow of War, AC Valhalla, or for a more laid back option, South Park Fractured but Whole…
I would highly recommend South Park as a nice little palate cleanser after Control, especially if you’re a fan of the show. It’s not too long, it’s really funny and the battle system is an excellent improvement on the one used in The Stick of Truth.

BA7CF343-BB04-44DA-B638-599970FE4A37.gif

MrWilson

Godlike
I would highly recommend South Park as a nice little palate cleanser after Control, especially if you’re a fan of the show. It’s not too long, it’s really funny and the battle system is an excellent improvement on the one used in The Stick of Truth.

View attachment 28854
Started playing it last night, as it was the only one of the 3 I had installed already 😅.
I’d forgotten the infamous difficulty setting based on pigmentation. Got through the tutorial section last night, and enjoyed a few of the toilet button mashing mini games. Heard the campaign is a little longer than Stick of Truth, which I enjoyed last year as even my potato laptop could run it!

SiAdams

Hi Guys,

i hope this isn't in the wrong thread, if so please let me know.

I am looking on CD keys website and considering making a purchase but i am seeing mixed reviews online about the website. Is it a website to avoid?
hoping you lovely people and help me out here

cheers

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I use it and I've never had a problem with it. Usually get a good bargain on there.

With that being said, where I have the option I always opt for Humble Bundle. The money spent on games is split between them, the devs and charities. They are hard to beat on price too.

SiAdams

I use it and I've never had a problem with it. Usually get a good bargain on there.

With that being said, where I have the option I always opt for Humble Bundle. The money spent on games is split between them, the devs and charities. They are hard to beat on price too.
Cheers bud, i will check it out :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah CD Keys is what's known as a "Grey Market", generally the keys are bought from a cheaper region and sold to another region for profit. Also some of the keys come from stolen credit cards and such but it's hard to prove that

I know devs themselves generally speak out against using them as they usually don't get their cut of the sale. I personally try to avoid them when possible

SiAdams

Yeah CD Keys is what's known as a "Grey Market", generally the keys are bought from a cheaper region and sold to another region for profit. Also some of the keys come from stolen credit cards and such but it's hard to prove that

I know devs themselves generally speak out against using them as they usually don't get their cut of the sale. I personally try to avoid them when possible
Thanks for this,

it does seem strange how they can be significantly cheaper than other companies.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was under the impression that CD Keys was actually a marketplace for people to re-sell their games.

For example, you can "Gift" your game from Steam.... which will produce a code. I thought people created these keys and then sold them on CD Keys, rather than it being a regional thing.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I was under the impression that CD Keys was actually a marketplace for people to re-sell their games.

For example, you can "Gift" your game from Steam.... which will produce a code. I thought people created these keys and then sold them on CD Keys, rather than it being a regional thing.
I thought that too but I remember reading an article about them when key reseller topic was blowing up about how they were sailing under the radar by just keeping their mouths shut but how they are no different to other sites.

It was a long time ago I read it but it basically boiled down to them doing a better job of hiding and making it less obvious where there keys where coming from

Bhuna50

Author Level
I have seen forum posts in Reddit and Steam regarding this. Basically, it has been known that some sellers on G2A and CDKeys are selling game codes that have been purchased using stolen credit cards. When these cards then put through chargebacks, companies like EA / Steam etc then revoke the games that were activated using those codes - you also run the risk of your Steam account / EA account etc being suspended whilst they investigate although I have not heard of anyone completely losing their account.

Basically if a brand new game is suddenly on G2A or CDKeys at 10% of its price elsewhere, then this is deemed to be an offer that is "too good to be true"....and usually if its too good to be true, then its not and its probably either a counterfeit code or one purchased by dodgy means.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've used G2A and CDkeys in the past. Never had a problem
Yeah I think we all have the point was that the people who actually make the games are the ones who ended up getting screwed which we've come to learn after all the investigations into this

Some devs actually prefer if you pirate at least that doesn't cost them money

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Do they get a cut of the sale when it's sold for the cheaper RRP in a foreign location, or do they get screwed out of their cut there too?

Or do they just assume it's easier to make a larger profit from the customers in the 'wealthier' countries where their RRP is also higher?

It seems that if they had a global market and global RRP, then it wouldn't matter where you bought it from, and they'd get the same cut from the company that resells it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Daft question but, other than the Stick of Truth.... what's the "South Park" game? There seems to be loads on Steam?