PC Game Deals!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Disney are having a sale on Steam this weekend, including their first party games (I really enjoyed the Cars series on Xbox 360 and might see if the PC ports were any good!), as well as their LucasArts and Star Wars IPs. Some pretty fine games involved overall, including some genuine PC classics!

EDIT - it seems the PC port of Cars was based on the original Xbox version rather than the improved Xbox 360 port. I already own the pick of the LucasArts and Star Wars games, so won't be buying anything this time around.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
So, Warpips... (as mentioned before lol)

On the one hand it's quite good fun in short bursts. On the other it's very hands off. I had originally (ignorantly perhaps) thought it might be a corridor RTS-lite type thing but your troops are AI controlled, will do their thing, and your job is to activate troops, place defences and trigger abilities as funds and cooldowns allow. It's sort of like a rhythm game re timing the above inputs but... isn't one. Ok for short bursts of free gaming time like (in my case) Superflight or Dorfromantik but not more than that. Well worth the freebie and 500 or so Mb install though.

Also, while I'm here the Dead Space remake (4-5 hours in) is fine. Basically the original with some good additions, better looking etc (just as the reviews said) but some minor intermittent bugs and stuttering etc. Nothing game breaking (for me anyway) but noticeable for the first hour or two at least. Not bad tbh given how some games turn out these days...
I will admit though that I'm a sucker for the genre and the original two (on XB360 and later on PC around 2015) were high points of my 40 years of gaming (since that surprise birthday Intellivision) so maybe just a little bias from me lol.

Anyway, that's my blah for the day done. Have a good 'un folks!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hi, as they already did for Ukraine, HumbleBundle offer a bundle to help the turkish/syrian earthquake victims :

I already have quite a few of those, so the extra copies will be in the usual place (someone please PLEASE ask for 911 Operator as I think this'll be my third copy in there!). Despite the reviews, I actually want to give Gotham Knights a try, so would get the bundle on the basis of that alone. The fact the money is going to a good cause is a huge bonus for me!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I already have quite a few of those, so the extra copies will be in the usual place (someone please PLEASE ask for 911 Operator as I think this'll be my third copy in there!). Despite the reviews, I actually want to give Gotham Knights a try, so would get the bundle on the basis of that alone. The fact the money is going to a good cause is a huge bonus for me!

I only can concour with @ActuallyDenz about 911 operator, i think i have two of them XD

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
this bundle look good to me :

Control, Hellblade and Sable are worth the bundle price on their own. The earlier Syberia games were kinda fun as a fan of Point & Click games, so I may get the bundle to get the most recent in the series!