pc games suddenly crashing desktop activity is fine

thefixer

hi i recently have encountered a problem with my pc which i need help with as i cant figure it out

for xmas i got myself far cry 4 middle earth shadow of mordor for pc however they kept black screen still hear audio crashing every 5-10 minutes forcing me to restart the pc also with far cry 4 and shadow of mordor the pc's fan would rev up quite loudly so figuring it was the games after having tried them several times i then tried some older games e.g far cry 3 skyrim which worked fine before and strangely they now have this crashing problem as well

ive tried cleaning out the pc

updating drivers
uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers

still happening

here's my system specs Ive had the computer since Xmas 2013

custom built (the shop built it for me)

(no overclocking)

windows 8.1
intel(R)core (TM) i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz
memory ram 16.0 GB
64-bit op
graphics card AMD Radeon hd 7900
motherboard asusR z87-a: ATX
power supply corsair 550w vs series vs-550 pov

if you need anymore information about my pc let me know

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
have you looked at temps for the GPU especially?

Might be the GPU has suddenly developed a fault, in which case its a bit of a bummer but it would require a new card. If you can see the temps are fine but the problem is still occurring then I would point the finger at an internal fault on the card, especially as you have dealt with any possible driver issue.

thefixer

noted

gpu temps looks fine

so it could be the card's gpu guess i will have to call tech support for assistance ?

thanks for the advice

thefixer

rang tech support and after explaining my problem i was told to test the gpu by running valley benchmark

ran valley benchmark

3 times while it was running it froze and the screen went black briefly then it carried on running

after running for nearly 10 minutes it then crashed to desktop