PC Gaming Boffins Your Expertise Is Needed!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I have a game, it's legit.

I install it and rather than upon installation it prompting me to restart the computer it waits until I click the play button after clicking ''Finish'' on the installer.

So I restart the computer, again it tells me to restart, so I reinstall, same problem.

The only way I can get around this is to use a crack. But the thing is, the game is bugged, it may be the actual game, I'm sure that if the files are installed from a CD but you use a cracked .exe file that won't affect anything in the game right? Since it's reading all the files from the disc? The crack is purely a workaround to launch the game.

Even if I can play from the disc the problem may still be there but I would like to know, paying for a game and only being able to play an hour of it is rather frustrating.

The game is: Obscure for PC, I'm running Windows 7, running as Admin does nothing, troubleshooting and running under recommended settings does nothing.

I'm planning on doing a review for this game, I have about 10 minutes figured out, it can still be a funny and interesting review, you will get the jist of the gameplay and storyline without spoiling too much of the game but I just don't know if it would be detrimental to my efforts to not show anything past the first hour.

Quite the predicament can anyone help?

Thanks, Dante.

F3AR

Run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2.

If that fails reply to this thread!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
it's all good guys I watched some Youtube videos and found out that the game is just bugged.

I thought that's what was causing glitches and puzzles to not work but nope the game is just shoddy lol