PC Gaming Headset

Hi again all

I am looking for gaming headset and was after opinions/ suggestions from people's experience. The Creative HS-800 Fatal1ty looks okay however reviews online suggest the sound quality is muffled. Although others say it is really good.

My next possibility is the Corsair Raptor HS80.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Jake.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've had 3 or 4 ranging from £30 up to over £100 so depends what your budget is, but I have to say my favourite so far has been the Logitech G35

Spuff

Expert
I'm confident the Hyper X Cloud II cannot be beaten for sound quality (when using the foam earpads). They beat my HD650's for detail and the 650's are considered among the finest headphones there are for accuracy. The Clouds reproduce the lowest lows and all the highs you need, in what seems to me a very accurate way. The control box/interface is very good too with all the controls you would want on it. They are a seriously impressive pair of headphones. I haven't actually tried the mic yet, but it's detachable which is really handy.
The one and only criticism I have for the Clouds is that they are a bit tight on my big head.

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
The HyperX Clouds are £50 which is bit more affordable. Had any experience with them?

I haven't tried the original version. From what I understand the sound quality is the same between the two versions. The differences are that the original version does not have the virtual 7.1, and that the mic of the II version is improved, although I think the original version's mic is comparable with other headsets at that price-point.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I have used standard logitech ones, £90 Astro A40s and Kingston Cloud I and the one rocks! You definitely need a sound card with them though

Bsrz

Rising Star
I wouldn't use any other headset than my astro a40's / a50's love them both.

if they are out of budget tho I have also used the roccat kave headset, awesome sound quality little bit on the heavy side tho, found it hurt my head after a while.

Spuff

Expert
I wouldn't use any other headset than my astro a40's / a50's love them both.

Have you tried the Cloud II's?

On this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tyvmxd8ZTQ

the Cloud II mic is far better than the A40 mic (the Cloud II's come with 2 sets of earpads, the foam pads solve the issue he talks about, also my Clouds have loosened somewhat).
I didn't realise the original Clouds don't have an interface, the Cloud II has its interface in the control box on the cord, it's just plug and play.

Last edited: