PC gaming is a lonely affair...

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
To the sound of somebody playing the worlds smallest violin

So, I've had the new PC over a year now, and don't get me wrong, I love it to bits but it's so hard finding a group of people who regularly play the same games and are on at the same time...it's killing me.

After originally being an owner of most consoles (and a gaming PC 10 years ago), I finally settled on the 360 and got a good group of mates together who played nearly every night, on the same few games. Friday night used to be THE night to play, when at it's peak we had about 15 people on at the same time, on the same game, and it was hilarious. I moved onto PC because I knew I was missing out on the most advanced tech, and I wanted to treat myself.

So as I sit here in silence (again), I'm kind of tempted to give up and get an Xbone...but my love for the tech (and cheap games) is holding me back. And the fact that I'm too used to keyboard/mouse now.

It's awesome that there are so many games for PC (i.e. all the old games work), but it doesn't half dilute out your friends list who all play different games!

If you were in any way affected by this tragic story, please call the lonely gamers hotline on 111-111-111

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Shut yer moaning, I'll be BFing again now I've fixed it. Last week was a nightmare night with the kids or I'd have jumped in any number of games with ya. I'll be up for some gaming shortly if you fancy it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well after exams if you want someone to play with I should be up for it, depending on the game of course

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Sounds good (both of you)!

Was thinking it would be good if there was a social network for PC gamers that wasn't full of kids.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Clans, Communties are always good way to go if you have the time to dedicate to them.

Outerarm

Will probably be spending tonight playing BF4... Based on my last few rounds I seem to be on a mission to drive my 'skill' to negative numbers!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Will probably be spending tonight playing BF4... Based on my last few rounds I seem to be on a mission to drive my 'skill' to negative numbers!

Sent friend request on origin, might join you at some point if im not playing titanfall