PC is not able to detect the 2TB NvME M.2 SSD

KillerbubblesMH

I recently received the PC back after sending it off for RMA and my 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe is no longer appearing, not seeing it in the BIOS or Disk Management.

Spoke to support in which they sent out replacement for the 2TB, in which I have installed today but yet again I am not seeing it in the BIOS or Disk Management.

This PC was sent off for some upgrades (GPU\PSU\CPU cooler and NVMe) in which once received the NVMe was working as intended, its only since I received it back from fixing the CPU cooler issue I have encountered the issue.

Be advised my OS is running on 256GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD and my gaming data was using 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe.

I have not touch any BIOS settings but wonder whether something could of possibly changed when they were carrying out their stress testing? Any suggestions?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
First thing I'd do is check the SSD is correctly installed, and not loose etc.

You may need to change the BIOS settings to enable it as well. Check your storage settings to see if it's set to disabled, and if enabled, what mode it is set to (SATA or ACHI)

If the 256GB SSD is working fine, you could try swapping it for the 2TB temporarily just to confirm the SSD is working. PC won't boot, but it should be listed in the BIOS.

KillerbubblesMH

Confirmed SSD is sitting correctly.

Checked the BIOS settings but as attached im not seeing it appearing, be advised I do have an old 2TB SATA SSD connected at the moment.
Screenshot 2022-09-23 105513.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-23 105604.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-23 105619.jpg

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like your HDD is connected to the 4th SATA port, which is fine, as ports 1, 5 and 6 would be disabled if you're using the two SSD slots.

KillerbubblesMH

Just confirm have set it to Enabled;

Boot Device Control : UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot from Network Devices: Legacy only
Boot from Storage Devices: Legacy only
Boot from PCI-E Expansion devices: Legacy only

Still not seeing the disk in Disk Management

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And not visible in BIOS either I assume? Did you try swapping the 250GB and 2TB to see if the 2TB at least appears? (I assume the 250GB is working fine?)

KillerbubblesMH

Not visible in BIOS, pointing towards a fault with the .M2 slot on the motherboard. No issues with the 250GB working as expected. Have escalated this with support team