Pc is not hitting great Fps?

conbak

Hi Here is my set up
I got the pc about 4/5 years ago from PCS
Only part I've changed is upgraded to a new GPU , added more Ram 16gb to 32gb and more harddrives
CaseNZXT PHANTOM 410 WHITE GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790 (3.6GHz) 8MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® Z97-P: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8 GB Geforce RTX 2070
2nd Graphics CardNONE
1st Storage Drive120GB SAMSUNG 650 SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
3rd Storage Drive
4th Storage Drive
OS
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
1tb SSD SAMSUNG EVO
500GB SSD SAMSUNG EVO
Windows 10

I run 2 monitors
after doing some checks (via looking at task manager
The main game I play is to escape from tarkov, Fps varies between maps 40-100 fps (later being factory Small map)
GPU is working at around 40-60%
Cpu is the same 40 - 60% mostly 40

I was looking to upgrading to an I5 - 9600K But this would require a new motherboard due to the socket size I believe?
I would think that the CPU and GPU should work at 90 - 100%

Any advice on upgrading or how to actually get better performance from my machine would be great.
yes i did go all fanboy on the RTX :)

Here are some stats from my Msi Afterburner.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can improve my performance ?

Thanks Connor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yes, my drivers are up to date, just looked at the optimum settings for the game it's recommending and they are higher than what I currently have them on ?
Disable experience from being able to apply optimal settings (in the top right), that will override any that you set manually:

2020-01-18 19_07_23-Window.png

Then set any settings you've applied in GeForce Control Panel to "allow the application to decide".

Then set all settings to maximum in the game except disable any Ray Tracing.

Your setup is overpowered for 1080p 144Hz gaming, there's something nerfing the potential, but it's not the hardware.

conbak

Disable experience from being able to apply optimal settings (in the top right), that will override any that you set manually:

View attachment 14947

Then set any settings you've applied in GeForce Control Panel to "allow the application to decide".

Then set all settings to the maximum in the game except disable any Ray Tracing.

Your setup is overpowered for 1080p 144Hz gaming, there's something nerfing the potential, but it's not the hardware.
I've just tried this restarted tested it seems to work better getting 60+/- fps in factory (small map) seems a bit better.
would it be worth a complete system reset eg files etc ?