PC issues

fawn

I am not really PC smart so I do apologize.
Yesterday I couldn't install any updates no matter how small, couldn't install games.
I had disk write error every time I tried to install a game on Steam.
I have tried several things to try to resolve this but I am still having issues. I tried to quick format my hard drive twice, both unsuccessful.
Is there anything that anyone could suggest to try?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 79

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks like an issue with the 2nd drive - but we'll need more info/screenshots to help diagnose (it might 'just' be a failed HDD).

fawn

Here are a few more screenshots. I am not sure what else to provide

Attachments

• utt.jpg
    utt.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image0uy.jpg
    image0uy.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 81

fawn

Looks like an issue with the 2nd drive - but we'll need more info/screenshots to help diagnose (it might 'just' be a failed HDD).

Thanks for getting back to me, What screenshots do you think would help?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I'm really sorry to hear about this Fawn. It does look like the 2nd drive has run into an issue. Could you try the following, please?

Right Click Start Menu -> Click 'Windows Powershell (Admin)'
Type in: chkdsk d: /r /f
Press Enter

It should do a complete disk check on the drive, I expect it to either a) go through and fix, or b) tell you it can't do it

IF you could let us know how that goes it will give me great insight into the issue.

fawn

I'm really sorry to hear about this Fawn. It does look like the 2nd drive has run into an issue. Could you try the following, please?

Right Click Start Menu -> Click 'Windows Powershell (Admin)'
Type in: chkdsk d: /r /f
Press Enter

It should do a complete disk check on the drive, I expect it to either a) go through and fix, or b) tell you it can't do it

IF you could let us know how that goes it will give me great insight into the issue.
it says RAW

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hmmm.... It sounds like the drive may have corrupted. If you want to give our guys a call on 0333 011 7000 they can check remotely for you, but I think the drive may have died sadly :( They will be able to confirm fairly quickly and help you get it replaced if this is the case. If it's just gone awry they should be able to get it going again.