PC locks-up soon after boot

PokerFace

Banned
Make sure all the RAM cards are properly seated, it's not unusual for them to come loose during delivery. A single beep on boot for AMI BIOS (I don't know whether that's your BIOS though) is usually RAM.

Whilst you have the case open also check all leads and connectors are properly seated. It clearly wasn't behaving in this way when it left PCS so it's more than likely that something (probably RAM) has come loose in transit.

And thanks for getting back with the solution. I can't believe I didn't ask you to run Memtest in my first post when I asked you to check that the RAM cards were properly seated. Ah well. :)

+rep for getting back with the solution. :)

Haha, was that a bit of sarcasm there? lol. I did re-seat it then ran Memtest which didn't throw-up any errors.... It just froze during the test, haha! That made me just send the whole thing back. :)

I don't think it was sarcasm, I believe ubuysa did forget to suggest you run Memtest after checking the RAM was seated correctly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't think it was sarcasm, I believe ubuysa did forget to suggest you run Memtest after checking the RAM was seated correctly.

Indeed that was what I meant. This is such a difficult medium to communicate in sometimes, apologies to LR22 if you thought I was being sarcastic. I was actually angry at myself for not having thought of Memtest at the time. :)