PC Monitor + Xbox360

MeveM

Bright Spark
Right, I'm a sinner. I'm actually using my Xbox360 rather then the PC simply because Dragon's Dogma isn't available on PC.

I'm wanting to sit at me PC desk and use my monitor but since I've not got any clue about xbox products I'm wondering what cable I could get (hopefully cheap) in order to plug my PC monitor to the xbox360. My monitor only have a VGA socket. Hopefully someone here knows something about xbox cables!

PS: Dragon's Dogma is way more fun then Skyrim.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Thought it was that one but wasn't sure due to those red and white plugs.

And not my fault that it's not available on PC :(

Tracker

Enthusiast
The red and white plugs are for Left / Right sound channels, so you can plug into your pc speaker system too if you wanted :3

Playing On a controller just works so much better IMO, The only reason I switch on my pc anymore as of late is to go on secondlife or TF2. MVC3, COD, anything like that I just play on the console nowadays, so much simpler, no crashes, better games, and a controller is just perfect for lounging back in a nice comfy chair whilst playing.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
The red and white plugs are for Left / Right sound channels, so you can plug into your pc speaker system too if you wanted :3

Playing On a controller just works so much better IMO, The only reason I switch on my pc anymore as of late is to go on secondlife or TF2. MVC3, COD, anything like that I just play on the console nowadays, so much simpler, no crashes, better games, and a controller is just perfect for lounging back in a nice comfy chair whilst playing.

personally, i prefer keyboard, so much snappier and more responsive compared to my xbox controller, ans if I want to, I can just plug in my xbox controller to my PC and i can use that if i want to sit back and enjoy

I don't get how people say consoles are simpler, and no crashes, because, whenever i go on Xbox Live, I can never connect to the same few people everytime, we both have tried every setting in the router and it hasnt changed, only if someone else hosts a party can we talk, but on PC, we can go straight into TeamSpeak and it works flawlessly, no cutting out either and higher quality sound

And I seem to be finding that whenever I play certain games on my xbox, i get the occasional lock up meaning i lose my progress and have to restart it, I also get more framedrops than I do on PC at maximum on almost any game, including BF3

F3AR

You have such an amazing PC, and play on a console.
I am disappoint.

Agito

Silver Level Poster
My PS3/PC/TV wiring is a bit of a jungle. My PC is running on a large full HD TV. PS3 connected via HDMI (Can be replaced by any other cable) to TV. Because I want to hear sound from PC and PS3 at once I connected an audio cable from my TV to my PC line in. Now all I have to do is switch channels and sounds from both are on the same headset. Also this allows me to hear if anyone is poking me on TeamSpeak or Skype if I'm playing on PS3.

And yes, consoles suck, but in some cases there are console exclusive games that I just must play. ha For example Heavy Rain. Also, in the future, The Last of Us. I also had The Watchdogs in mind for my PS3 but apparently its coming out for PC as well so I'm getting the PC version.

Ash

My PS3/PC/TV wiring is a bit of a jungle. My PC is running on a large full HD TV. PS3 connected via HDMI (Can be replaced by any other cable) to TV. Because I want to hear sound from PC and PS3 at once I connected an audio cable from my TV to my PC line in. Now all I have to do is switch channels and sounds from both are on the same headset. Also this allows me to hear if anyone is poking me on TeamSpeak or Skype if I'm playing on PS3.

And yes, consoles suck, but in some cases there are console exclusive games that I just must play. ha For example Heavy Rain. Also, in the future, The Last of Us. I also had The Watchdogs in mind for my PS3 but apparently its coming out for PC as well so I'm getting the PC version.

Pah, My wires are confusing as hell as well.

I have my PC plugged into my monitor and my second monitor. I have my PS3 plugged into my TV and my second monitor. I have both my PC and PS3 plugged into my sound system. If I want to change what I play my PS3 on, I have to swap HDMI cables at the back of the console. To change audio from PC to PS3 I have to change the line in cables on my sound system. I have a cable that allows me to plug both in at the same time but I lose so much sound quality when I do.

Also, consoles don't suck. I can not stand playing video games on my PC. I love my PS3 and consoles will always reign supreme for me. But that's my opinion and I respect that yours is different.

Tracker

Enthusiast
You have such an amazing PC, and play on a console.
I am disappoint.

Problem is it doesn't work half the time so I've all but given up with it, the back USB's still don't work ( and a couple of them cause the whole pc to lose power when you plug a device into them) I'm down to the front two usbs and two at back, two for mouse/keyboard, one for soundcard.. Not much to play with ! that and I keep having freeze issues, all three of my drives seem to hang at random intervals ( even my SSD, I've had to wait 10-12 seconds to open up the recycle bin containing 3 files totalling 30mb yesterday, and the entire system hung when doing this, just as it seems to hang when I open either of the other drives).

Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, but as I'm currently abstaining from WoW, still waiting on GW2 and have gone off my RTS's, the onyl reason I use my pc is SL / when I'm using my graphics tablet to draw stuff x3 I've settled into more casual gaming again, just because I love my PC doesn't mean I can't be impartial when offering console v PC advise x3.

F3AR

Problem is it doesn't work half the time so I've all but given up with it, the back USB's still don't work ( and a couple of them cause the whole pc to lose power when you plug a device into them) I'm down to the front two usbs and two at back, two for mouse/keyboard, one for soundcard.. Not much to play with ! that and I keep having freeze issues, all three of my drives seem to hang at random intervals ( even my SSD, I've had to wait 10-12 seconds to open up the recycle bin containing 3 files totalling 30mb yesterday, and the entire system hung when doing this, just as it seems to hang when I open either of the other drives).

Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, but as I'm currently abstaining from WoW, still waiting on GW2 and have gone off my RTS's, the onyl reason I use my pc is SL / when I'm using my graphics tablet to draw stuff x3 I've settled into more casual gaming again, just because I love my PC doesn't mean I can't be impartial when offering console v PC advise x3.

Tracker, is your PC from PCS, and if so, How long ago?
You should try and return it!