Pc Noise Question

Riku

Recently I have been hearing quiet air whistling sound coming from my PC even when at idle, it's annoying me, do you know how to stop it? i also at times whilst playing games hear coil whine (metal grinding sound) from my gpu but its not too loud and i dont play games that often once a week. I might consider rma'ing the pc tbh, so they can do a check-up.

Here are my specs if required:

1601324641447.png

Riku

The quiet air whistling sound could be coming from the case fans or from the CPU cooler..you could try downloading something like AI Suite from ASUS and use it to change the fan profiles to see if that stops it (I run Silent mode and then just ramp it up for gaming)

As to the coil whine, how long have you had it? Has it been doing it all the time or just recently started?
Oh alright, I tried out AI suite a few weeks ago but for some reason, I uninstalled it but now I gave it another go and the fan control features are helping take away the air whistle noise, I auto-tuned the fan speed in-app and also set it to silent. With doing that my case fans, not the CPU fan stop completely at low power or temperature either one of those and start spinning, hopefully, that doesn't break my fans in the long term but I doubt so.

For the coil whine, I don't know it has been happening in the past 2 weeks. All in all thanks a lot, brother for your help sometimes when you stick your mind to something you just can't get rid of it and worry about it, at least for me that's how it is.

Riku

If you are running the fans on silent, just keep an eye on the temperatures..it should be okay as the CPU fan is good at keeping CPU temps down. As for breaking the fans, it's fine...they are designed to go up and down
Great, thanks for letting me know; I always use Speccy and Core temp to monitor temperatures are they good software for that purpose, if you have any recommendations better than those two I use, I am up for it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Great, thanks for letting me know; I always use Speccy and Core temp to monitor temperatures are they good software for that purpose, if you have any recommendations better than those two I use, I am up for it.
Speccy hasn’t been updated for years and is quite glitchy these days, better to use hwmonitor