Pc Noise?

TomBcfc

Bronze Level Poster
Just wondering how quiet these things are when playing games? Or does it depend on the Graphics card and such?

Graphics Card: 3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7950 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Processor Cooling: SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just wondering how quiet these things are when playing games? Or does it depend on the Graphics card and such?

Graphics Card: 3GB AMD RADEON™ HD7950 - DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Processor Cooling: SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)

Depends on the GPU and the fan speed.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
also ya case, and what fans are used as standard, OR if you wanted to change these fans to go for something quieter.

but generally that cpu cooler wont be too loud. Nor will a single gpu, you may hear it whilst gaming, however, with sound from ya game as well, i doubt it would be very audible.

TomBcfc

Bronze Level Poster
This is the case ive chosen - PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE (£59)

Are there quieter cases i could choose?

How do i change for quieter fans?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
This is the case ive chosen - PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE (£59)

Are there quieter cases i could choose?

How do i change for quieter fans?

There are some silent cases offered by PCS but my understanding is that it could decrease the noise at the expense of higher temperatures. I'd suggest sticking with the PCS Maelstrom and if you are not happy with the chassis fans you can just replace them.

TomBcfc

Bronze Level Poster
Well i was thinking of switching case to the nWin MaNA 136 Black Gaming Case (£49) and then upgrading my processor cooling to the COOLIT ECO II A.L.C advanced liquid cooler.. ?

I think that would keep the balance and be quieter?

Or just keep the same case i have now (MAELSTROM £59) and upgrade to that coolit eco liquid cooler....

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Well i was thinking of switching case to the nWin MaNA 136 Black Gaming Case (£49) and then upgrading my processor cooling to the COOLIT ECO II A.L.C advanced liquid cooler.. ?

I think that would keep the balance and be quieter?

I don't think so, if you are not planning to overclock the coolit liquid cooler would be overkill. I'd expect at stock clock speed the triple copper heatpipe to make as much noise or even less than the coolit. Before changing cases, if you are interested in cooling and good airflow, I'd suggest looking at how many chassis fans are included and the dimensions of the case you have selected.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
the liquid coolers are generally bit a loud when they ramp up, so stick with the triple copper cooler.

But generally,

-Bigger fans 200mm + can shift more airflow at slower quieter speeds. So the big fan on the t900 will be pretty quiet! i'd stick with the triple copper along with the t900.

-

TomBcfc

Bronze Level Poster
the liquid coolers are generally bit a loud when they ramp up, so stick with the triple copper cooler.

But generally,

-Bigger fans 200mm + can shift more airflow at slower quieter speeds. So the big fan on the t900 will be pretty quiet! i'd stick with the triple copper along with the t900.

-

Ok thank you both very much for that. I'll stick with what i originally chose!

Narcotics

Rising Star
Yeah I have no idea what you mean by receiver. I'm guessing you mean headphones or something?

AV receiver onkyo-tx-av-receiver-1.jpg

Last edited: