PC not restarting

Hi,
I seem be having issues when trying to restart my computer.
I will restart through windows, screen will go through the motions and the signal is no longer supplied the the monitor and it goes into standby, however, the fans are still going and all RGB lights are on, but the the PC doesn't reboot and I have to power it off using the power button.
I have tried using the system file checker , but it comes back with no errors.
Can anyone advise?
Cheers.
CaseCORSAIR 4000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 12-Core Processor i7-12700K (3.6GHz) 25MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2700MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display RGB CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Next time you try to boot it, turn the monitor on first, then power the pic up and see what happens, are you getting any beep codes

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It sounds to me like the system is rebooting fine...however, for some reason, the monitor is turning off and not turning on again like it should. What monitor is it? Also, did the reboot work fine previously or has it done it since you got the system? Just wondering if anything has changed
I remember a good while back Samsung monitors having this weird issue of not turning back on after going into stand by, I think it was fixed with a firmware update but it's been a while and could be remembering wrong.

Definitely check the monitor doesn't have a known issue that can be fixed with an firmware update

It sounds to me like the system is rebooting fine...however, for some reason, the monitor is turning off and not turning on again like it should. What monitor is it? Also, did the reboot work fine previously or has it done it since you got the system? Just wondering if anything has changed
It's a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ.

Also, make sure the official monitor driver is installed:

Okay, the orange light comes on, which denotes as it not receiving a signal form the computer, however the fans are spinning and the lights are on.

Also, make sure the official monitor driver is installed:

Okay, the orange light comes on, which denotes as it not receiving a signal form the computer, however the fans are spinning and the lights are on.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-18 224004.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-18 224004.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 51
I would like thank everyone for there input and just to let you know I'm a 47 year old idiot.
I have sorted it and I'm too embarrassed to say what the problem was hahaha

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would like thank everyone for there input and just to let you know I'm a 47 year old idiot.
I have sorted it and I'm too embarrassed to say what the problem was hahaha
It helps others if you post the solution. A forum is not so much about helping the poster, but for those that come afterwards and can search the solution