PC not turning on or accessing BIOS

davidroura885

Hello!
First post here and not really knowledgeable on this but wanted to see if I can get some advice on what to do with my PC.
So i bought a Cosmos series last September and yesterday, suddenly, it started slowing down considerably until the blue screen from windows showed and nothing I've tried works. At first i tried to go through the windows recovery but it stopped mid way with no way to fix it. I've seen a couple of posts here about accessing the BIOS and making sure the HDD are recognized to boot and that is not my case. The PC is even recognizing the HDD as a booting device. Even when my SDD is connected , I seem to cannot acces the BIOS. To have something functional, I had to take out both the SDD and HDD and now booting a system from a USB stick with nothing else...

Any recommendation or clue of what might be happening?

Thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It would be a great help if you posted the full spec from your order page so that we can all see what exact spec you have.

It would seem that you can boot normally from a USB stick with your SSD and HDD devices removed? Is this true? Presumably you can get into the BIOS setup with the SSD and HDD devices removed as well?

It would seem from this that either (or both) your SSD and/or HDD may be faulty. Can you try booting from the USB stick again, first with the SSD replaced. If it does boot can you see the SSD from the USB booted operating system? Then remove the SSD, replace the HDD and try booting from the USB stick again. If it boots can you see the HDD from the USB booted operating system?

Let us know how things go with this. Depending on how the above goes you should be able to tell whether it's your SSD or your HDD that's faulty. Once we know that we can do some more diagnostics to see whether it can be recovered.

davidroura885

These are the specs:

Chassis & DisplayCosmos Series : Écran large IPS LED mat 15,6 pouces 60 Hz 45% NTSC Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Processor (CPU)Processeur Six Core Intel® Core® i7 9750H (2,6 GHz, 4,5 GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)16 Go Corsair 2666 MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8 Go)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 - 2 Go de RAM vidéo DDR5 - DirectX® 12
1st Storage DriveDISQUE DUR SEAGATE 1 To SERIAL ATA III 2,5 pouces AVEC 128 Mo DE CACHE (5 400 t/min)
1st M.2 SSD Drive256 Go ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 Mo/R, 1200 Mo/W)

I now tried what you’ve told me. I didn’t explain well before. I AM booting from my SSD and it’s the one not being recognized. In fact, it just blocks my PC.
Booting up from usb with the hdd works fine and I can access the data no problem but with the SSD in I cannot even access BIOS. Does that mean my SSD is gone? Is there anything I could do to “reset” it? I don’t even know if that makes any sense...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Booting up from usb with the hdd works fine and I can access the data no problem but with the SSD in I cannot even access BIOS. Does that mean my SSD is gone? Is there anything I could do to “reset” it? I don’t even know if that makes any sense...
The symptoms you describe would strongly suggest a dead SSD to me. I suggest you phone PCS, your laptop is still under warranty and my guess is that PCS may just swap the dead SSD for a new one.