Pc not waking from sleep mode

JJ_Young

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

I've had my Pc from PcSpecalist for almost 5 years now and every so often I format the drive and reinstall windows 7, I've never had an issue before and every thing works fine afterword's but now 99% of the time when the pc goes into sleep mode it wont restart, if I press a button on the keyboard or mouse the lights come on the device but nothing happening from the pc, if I press the power button or restart button on the pc nothing happens, if I hold the power button for about 10 seconds and let it go and press it again the computer powers up but nothing comes on the display and I can hear the fans making a weird noise and the restart button still doesn't work, I have to end up switching it off at the socket. Sometimes when I power it back on at the socket it will say resuming windows and start up with what I was doing before it fell a sleep, other times it just loads up as normal as if I had just switched it on for the first time and I don't get any error messages saying it wasn't properly shut down.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I didn't do anything different than I normally do when I format and reinstall windows, my specs are -

COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.8GHz @ max 3.8GHz)
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz
2GB Geforce GTX 770
50GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD
100GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD
100GB Kingston SSD
1TB WD Blue hard drive
10x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
16x DVD ±R/±RW
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series

Thanks

JJ

thisisevilevil

Enthusiast
Hi

I've had my Pc from PcSpecalist for almost 5 years now and every so often I format the drive and reinstall windows 7, I've never had an issue before and every thing works fine afterword's but now 99% of the time when the pc goes into sleep mode it wont restart, if I press a button on the keyboard or mouse the lights come on the device but nothing happening from the pc, if I press the power button or restart button on the pc nothing happens, if I hold the power button for about 10 seconds and let it go and press it again the computer powers up but nothing comes on the display and I can hear the fans making a weird noise and the restart button still doesn't work, I have to end up switching it off at the socket. Sometimes when I power it back on at the socket it will say resuming windows and start up with what I was doing before it fell a sleep, other times it just loads up as normal as if I had just switched it on for the first time and I don't get any error messages saying it wasn't properly shut down.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I didn't do anything different than I normally do when I format and reinstall windows, my specs are -

COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE
OverClocked Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-930 (2.8GHz @ max 3.8GHz)
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
6GB CORSAIR XMS3 TRI-DDR3 1600MHz
2GB Geforce GTX 770
50GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD
100GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD
100GB Kingston SSD
1TB WD Blue hard drive
10x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
16x DVD ±R/±RW
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series

Thanks

JJ

Hello good sir

These issues were actually quite common with desktops a few years ago. I wouldn't really recommend using sleep mode, unless you really have to. Nevertheless, these issues can also be caused by outdated drivers and/or BIOS issues. Have you tried flashing the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Updated to the latest chipset drivers? Using latest USB 3.0 drivers (Pay special attention to these, as certain USB devices can cause a hassle, when resuming from sleep. If you are using USB devices, also make sure USB Wake on Sleep is enabled in BIOS). If you don't know this, I can recommend using Driver genius to scan for outdated drivers: http://www.driver-soft.com/ - You have to pay to actually download the drivers, but you can still scan your PC to see which drivers are out of date.

Alternatively, provide me with a DxDiag, and I can try and have a closer look at your system :)