PC not working the way it used to.

freshhome

Recently my PC has started to act up and not work as intended, My games and apps like discord, chrome etc were constantly crashing. Then I started to blue screen every 10-20 mins. From last night, I started getting major fps drops on Rainbow Six Siege down to around 60-100. Now I can just about use my pc as it crashes apps and games all of the time. And now when I try to factory reset my PC, it's unable to reset. It has now been hours of going through troubleshooting without a solution. Please help.

Just for reference these are my specs
I9-13900K
64 GB RAM
RTX 4070Ti

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Recently my PC has started to act up and not work as intended, My games and apps like discord, chrome etc were constantly crashing. Then I started to blue screen every 10-20 mins. Now I can just about use my pc as it crashes apps and games all of the time. And now when I try to factory reset my PC, it's unable to reset. It has now been hours of going through troubleshooting without a solution. Please help.
Is this a PCS pc? Can you post your full specs from the order page?

What anti virus are you using?

Have you used any driver downloaders? Or any windows optimisers?

freshhome

Is this a PCS pc? Can you post your full specs from the order page?

What anti virus are you using?

Have you used any driver downloaders? Or any windows optimisers?
Just made an edit to the original post with my specs but if u need more lmk

I'm not running any antivirus atm not even windows

I've tried downloading drivers and reinstalling windows and nothing seems to work.

I've ran a few commands in cmd from troubleshooting videos and that doesn't work either.

I followed everything in this video and no luck too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjPMp8TULI&

And yes it's PCS

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just made an edit to the original post with my specs but if u need more lmk

I've tried downloading drivers and reinstalling windows and nothing seems to work.

I've ran a few commands in cmd from troubleshooting videos and that doesn't work either.

I followed everything in this video and no luck too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjPMp8TULI&

And yes it's PCS
We need the full specs from your order page as requested?

???? Well, there's your issue then!!! Don't need to look any further! Why on earth are you doing that?

freshhome

We need the full specs from your order page as requested?

???? Well, there's your issue then!!! Don't need to look any further! Why on earth are you doing that?
because I only use this PC for gaming, I literally don't download or do anything else I use my laptop for anything else so It cant be anything I've downloaded.

freshhome

Case
PCS PRISM TG WHITE ARGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-13900K (Up to 5.8GHz) 36MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B760-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, PCIe5.0, USB 3.2)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 4125MB/sR, 2950MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 360 Series ARGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
NOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What are your CPU temperatures? My first thought with that CPU and cooler is that you should see if your CPU is overheating and thermal throttling: if the cooler fails (which can happen) that could account for the behaviour you describe.

freshhome

What are your CPU temperatures? My first thought with that CPU and cooler is that you should see if your CPU is overheating and thermal throttling: if the cooler fails (which can happen) that could account for the behaviour you describe.
1713607642798.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
because I only use this PC for gaming, I literally don't download or do anything else I use my laptop for anything else so It cant be anything I've downloaded.
So you never go on the internet? It's permanently offline?

I think you may be misunderstanding how pc's become infected these days.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Given that the PC Is failing under load, load temperatures would be far more useful. Certainly those idle temperatures don't raise any red flags, but I'd still want to make sure that thermal issues aren't the problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Rarely, I only have discord, Uplay, and steam installed and ofc the games I play on steam
Discord can transmit a virus through a chat window, and ad's can auto run, and create an automated download without you clicking on anything at all

Javascript runs automatically when landing on a website, again, you don't have to click on anything, just landing on the page is enough to trigger a malicious install. Google regularly promotes infected links as ads, this has been common for years now.

There's no reason these days not to run an AV, it's not like the old days where it compromised CPU performance to the extent you gained anything for gaming with it off. The 13900k is overpowered anyway for gaming, so you'd never use the available resources in any game. 13700k is still overpowered for games.

A factory reset won't work because the OS is almost certainly compromised, you'd need to do a clean install.

freshhome

Discord can transmit a virus through a chat window, and ad's can auto run, and create an automated download without you clicking on anything at all

Javascript runs automatically when landing on a website, again, you don't have to click on anything, just landing on the page is enough to trigger a malicious install. Google regularly promotes infected links as ads, this has been common for years now.

There's no reason these days not to run an AV, it's not like the old days where it compromised CPU performance to the extent you gained anything for gaming with it off. The 13900k is overpowered anyway for gaming, so you'd never use the available resources in any game. 13700k is still overpowered for games.

A factory reset won't work because the OS is almost certainly compromised, you'd need to do a clean install.
How do I do a clean install as you suggest?