Pc rebooting

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
That generally references the motherboard not detecting a display output.

This can either be due to a GPU failure, or a false positive if the monitor isn't powered on (ie woken out of sleep) before booting the PC
Would the 1st step to try and reseat my GPU?

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
No, is it powering up now, as previously you said it wasn't?
When turned on, it will go through its normal process of the first beep and white light appearing to show the pc is Alive (with no display showing) and then it’s followed by the 1 long beep and 3 short

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When turned on, it will go through its normal process of the first beep and white light appearing to show the pc is Alive (with no display showing) and then it’s followed by the 1 long beep and 3 short
and does it stay on just with no display?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes the pc is running, but doesn’t quiet down like it normally would after the initial start up
It does suggest a GPU issue then, if it was RAM, it would still display and go through and fail post, but that would be output on the screen.

When testing memory, it has to be in specific ports depending on what your testing. Each motherboard is different. Yours is A2 for a single stick, pair A1 and B1 for testing 2 DIMMS, and obviously A1 + B1 and A2 + B2 for full population of matched pairs.

The white light also is a VGA light, not RAM

What happened previous to this issue, was the PC moved, or anything changed inside?

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
It does suggest a GPU issue then, if it was RAM, it would still display and go through and fail post, but that would be output on the screen.

When testing memory, it has to be in specific ports depending on what your testing. Each motherboard is different. Yours is A2 for a single stick, pair A1 and B1 for testing 2 DIMMS, and obviously A1 + B1 and A2 + B2 for full population of matched pairs.

The white light also is a VGA light, not RAM

What happened previous to this issue, was the PC moved, or anything changed inside?
Nothing, was working completely as it should, I went away for a night came back home and it just died on me

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nothing, was working completely as it should, I went away for a night came back home and it just died on me
So remove the power cables to the GPU, and unseat it fully and reinsert, but by the sound of it it's failed.

The monitor is definitely powered on and still plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard? Sorry to ask but you'd be surprised how often this gets overlooked.

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
So remove the power cables to the GPU, and unseat it fully and reinsert, but by the sound of it it's failed.

The monitor is definitely powered on and still plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard? Sorry to ask but you'd be surprised how often this gets overlooked.
Will get back to you shortly on the reinserting, by saying it’s failed do you mean I need a new GPU?

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
That generally references the motherboard not detecting a display output.

This can either be due to a GPU failure, or a false positive if the monitor isn't powered on (ie woken out of sleep) before booting the PC

Is it powering up at this point but no display?
Reseated my GPU and it’s working again, thanks for the guidance again, appreciate it

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
Update: left off over night as usual turned on today and it’s doing the same thing again. (Was working last night once reseated my GPU)

jaydenrw98

Bronze Level Poster
Update: left off over night as usual turned on today and it’s doing the same thing again. (Was working last night once reseated my GPU)
I’ve dug out my old PC and tried my really old 1060 GPU and this is working, so I guess that only means my GPU has shot it?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Might be worth leaving the 1060 in for a bit to make sure it's not a sporadic issue before assuming your newer GPU is the root cause. You could well be right, but might be good to do a longer stability test