PC shuts down itself after few second

Andrea

Hello, yesterday my PC switched off by itself. From that moment on every time I tried to switch it on it shut down after 5-10 second.
I tried to plug in on another socket and tried a different power cable without any success.
I tried to go in safe mode and the PC stays on for maybe a minute, but then turned off again.
When the the PC it's plugged in all the light are on. So I doubt it could be the power supply.
Any idea what could cause that problem?

Those are the specs of my PC

1633701201846.png

Bhuna50

Author Level
How old is the machine and when was the last time you 'serviced' it - ie blew out the dust, checked the inside, re-applied thermal paste?

Andrea

The machine it's almost 5 years old. I blew the dust few weeks ago, but I've never re-applied thermal paste.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The machine it's almost 5 years old. I blew the dust few weeks ago, but I've never re-applied thermal paste.
I would check thermals, that sounds like the pump may have failed on the cooler and its shutting down due to overheating.

Do you have icue monitoring? You can check the pump and Temps in that.

Andrea

At the moment the PC doesn't stay on long enough to check icue, but I took this photo earlier. It doesn't look like it's overheating.
I apologise in advance if I'm saying some nonsense, I'm not really a computer expert :)
20211008_121424_2.jpg

"

Outerarm

I've had similar issues in the past which were a result of the radiator pump failing. Basically the CPU was overheating so was shutting down as a precaution. I needed to replace the CPU cooling and all worked well after that. I'm now on my third Corsair H100i GTX Hydro, but the current one has been going string for over 4 years now.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've had similar issues in the past which were a result of the radiator pump failing. Basically the CPU was overheating so was shutting down as a precaution. I needed to replace the CPU cooling and all worked well after that. I'm now on my third Corsair H100i GTX Hydro, but the current one has been going string for over 4 years now.
Yeah, I would also suggest it's likely the pump.

Even when new, I wouldn't have paired the H80i with that CPU, it's likely been having to work very hard over the lifetime, so I would understand why it's failed.