PC Slow After Installing H110

Ash

I've recently replaced the stock fan on my i5-2400 with the Corsair H110 and put it all inside a new, much larger case. However since the install I've noticed a drop in PC performance. Chrome is disgustingly slow. Pages take ages to load. And opening the Start Menu on Windows 10 is laggy too, sometimes refusing to open at all. Moving windows around causes all types of weird visual bugs.

I've run a stress test using CPU-Z and the maximum temperature my CPU reaches is 47 Celcius which isn't too high at all. Looking in Task Manager shows multiple processes of Chrome all using ~10% of my CPU. Is it a bug with Chrome or is it something else?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've recently replaced the stock fan on my i5-2400 with the Corsair H110 and put it all inside a new, much larger case. However since the install I've noticed a drop in PC performance. Chrome is disgustingly slow. Pages take ages to load. And opening the Start Menu on Windows 10 is laggy too, sometimes refusing to open at all. Moving windows around causes all types of weird visual bugs.

I've run a stress test using CPU-Z and the maximum temperature my CPU reaches is 47 Celcius which isn't too high at all. Looking in Task Manager shows multiple processes of Chrome all using ~10% of my CPU. Is it a bug with Chrome or is it something else?

May be worth running a malwarebytes scan. Can't think why changing your CPU cooler would make any difference to running if temps are ok.

Have you installed corsair link?

Ash

May be worth running a malwarebytes scan. Can't think why changing your CPU cooler would make any difference to running if temps are ok.

Have you installed corsair link?

I have now.

I've just disabled a few extensions in Chrome and performance seems to be a lot better. Chrome seemed to be using about 80% of my CPU so I think it was a problem with that. I was starting to think I hadn't fit my water cooler correctly and my CPU was overheating but it's running at 29 right now which is nothing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have now.

I've just disabled a few extensions in Chrome and performance seems to be a lot better. Chrome seemed to be using about 80% of my CPU so I think it was a problem with that. I was starting to think I hadn't fit my water cooler correctly and my CPU was overheating but it's running at 29 right now which is nothing.

Have you got any chrome add-ons installed, namely play music as I know that can hit the processor hard.

Ash

Have you got any chrome add-ons installed, namely play music as I know that can hit the processor hard.

CPU Heatsink would make no difference.

What i would do is backup your bookmarks in Chrome. Remove your existing Chrome, download a fresh version and install that. Then put your bookmarks back!

I had a few extensions installed. Non that played music but just a few like Search by Image and Application Launcher for Drive. They're both by Google but since disabling them I've had no problems.

One problem I do have now is the HDD making my case vibrate and the noise drives me insane! :(

Ash

Yeah. It doesn't feel lose. The caddy is metal which I think is what is making the noise. I also use SSDs but I have a HDD as a storage drive. I might have to work out a solution when I can be bothered. :p