Pc speaker. Resolved

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
Hi, I received my desktop last week, very pleased with it. However I noticed at the time when I was removing the foam that an object was loose and lying on the PSU shroud. It looked like the pc speaker, on further investigation today that's what it is / was. (Looks like a small ferrite object, two wires doing into a four wire connector and has 'speaker' on it. Anyway, one of the wires is broken, rendering it useless. I can fit a new one but I wondered if it's something pcs would have? Tried phoning but the queue! The queue! Anyone able to help?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's the speaker for the motherboard diagnostic/warning/boot beeps.

If you can post your full spec from your order page, someone more knowledgeable than me may be able to say whether it's user-replaceable or not.

On my motherboard Asus RoG Strix X570-F it's connected to a 4-pin speaker header.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I received my desktop last week, very pleased with it. However I noticed at the time when I was removing the foam that an object was loose and lying on the PSU shroud. It looked like the pc speaker, on further investigation today that's what it is / was. (Looks like a small ferrite object, two wires doing into a four wire connector and has 'speaker' on it. Anyway, one of the wires is broken, rendering it useless. I can fit a new one but I wondered if it's something pcs would have? Tried phoning but the queue! The queue! Anyone able to help?
You can just reconnect the wire or do a support message to PCS asking for a replacement

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
It's the speaker for the motherboard diagnostic/boot beeps.

If you can post your full spec from your order page, someone more knowledgeable than me may be able to say whether it's user-replaceable or not.

It's user replaceable, standard four pin header. I can get one off thiefbay I suppose but then I shouldn't really need to. It isn't really necessary at the moment but if anything goes wrong it will help with diagnostic.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's user replaceable, standard four pin header. I can get one off thiefbay I suppose but then I shouldn't really need to. It isn't really necessary at the moment but if anything goes wrong it will help with diagnostic.
Yeah, PCS will ship you one, or just reconnect the wire yourself, takes a second