PC Speakers

cwobritton1875

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but need a hand with a speaker set!

I'm buying an IPS LG monitor for both my new PC and Xbox however it doesn't come with speakers which starts my problem! I want to use the Optical out from my PC and my Xbox so I'm looking for a set of speaker that has two inputs (both digital). Failing that I'm just looking for a set of speakers that will uses the standard jacks (for my PC) and also has a optical input for my Xbox?

Anyone know of a product that matches this?

Thanks

Jay!

steaky360

Without spending a fair bit of cash I'm not sure you'd find a set of speakers with two optical inputs. Depends on what you want though. Are you looking for stereo speakers or surround sound? You might have more luck with two inputs for surround sound speakers especially if you want an optical in.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
if you want surround sounds from your pc through a set of 5.1 speakers (in games) then you are going to need a decent soundcard for your PC and optical output and input on the speaker system.

But if you want to use the optical facility on your xbox then you are going to need to disconnect the pc optical cable then plug in one for the xbox. - BUT an xbox isnt going to give you high quality sound like your pc would PC.

You could use analogue from the pc to the speaker system and optical from the xbox. But analogue on pc wont give you Dolby Digital 5.1, just pretend 5.1 - which is still good, but no where near as good as DD 5.1

Alternatively, you could just get a decent 5.1 digital gaming headset and switch between the pc and the xbox when required.