PC stopped working mid-use - now won’t display anything

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So the boot squence is BIOS (POST), then the Windows Boot Manager, then Windows OS Loader and then Windows NT OS Kernel.

So once past POST, it's the OS (Windows, Linux, etc) that continues the boot process. My thinking is that the generic VGA driver loaded as part of Windows OS Loader or OS Kernal step is corrupt and causing the display issues.
No, no drivers are loaded until windows is logged in, windows isn't booted up until that point.

Drivers simply link the hardware calls from OS to the BIOS.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, that's not my understanding:
1659699553797.png

To the OP,

I'd try connecting a monitor with a different cable to rule that out as an issue. The second thing I'd try is to boot from a windows recovery USB and see a) the issue persists and if not b) run repair processes to hopefully correct the system file(s) that might be causing the green lines.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So the boot squence is BIOS (POST), then the Windows Boot Manager, then Windows OS Loader and then Windows NT OS Kernel.

So once past POST, it's the OS (Windows, Linux, etc) that continues the boot process. My thinking is that the generic VGA driver loaded as part of Windows OS Loader or OS Kernal step is corrupt and causing the display issues.
And until the OP can get into windows he can't run sfc/scannow