PC Temperature - Please Help

shilee

Hi,

I recently purchase a desktop PC from PCS which arrived last Saturday.

However, I noticed some weird temperature phenomena yesterday and today morning. I switch on my PC (cold boot) and the temperature goes up to 60C (yesterday) and 80C (today) idle - ASUS Probe gave me warning at 60C. I then restart my PC and it solved the problem - the temperature idle at 30-35C. I am using ECO water cooling and I have a i5 processor. I used ASUS Probe II and CoreTemp and both of them showing me the same high temperature so it shouldn't be a false alarm.

Anyone has any idea what is happening?

Thanks.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Last edited:

shilee

Hi, yes I will try to call them. I have Haf X casing. It shouldn't be airflow problem, because my GPU temperature is around 27-35C depends on weather. It was hot yesterday. :) I did run game for hours and CPU temperature is 40+C so I am confuse why it went up to >60C idle and restarting the PC solve the problem.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I would, ( if you have not already) Opened up the case, and just check if the eco cooler is connected properly.

shilee

Hi, I think the problem is the pump RPM. CoolIt forum suggests we leave the pump RPM to it's original, which is 4100+ RPM (actual speed = 4100+/2). However, I guess PCS did not know about this.

Currently testing solution: In BIOS, Disabled "auto-control" whichever fan connected to the pump. It will return to 4100+ RPM. Previously was 800+ RPM only.

I will report back my result so it can help another with the same problem.

shilee

Update: CPU temperature is 27C idle now, compared to 35C previously.

Update: Game running at CPU 35C. (Killing Floor)

Last edited:

shilee

Another update: CPU temperature does not go crazy again, all stable now. :) Cheers.

Added tags, hopefully it can help others with the same problem.

Last edited:

Tez77

Enthusiast
Well Shilee i think this may help me i have the COOLIT ECO A.L.C and Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 its 44 idle was thinking it should be around 35 or under think ill have to change something in the bios may be

shilee

Yes you should disable auto-control of whichever _fan connected to the pump in BIOS if you haven't do so. It should run at 4100+ rpm.

Tez77

Enthusiast
When runing hardware Monitor in the fans part it shows only 2 witch look like there set right they are CPUFANINO 1834 RPM
AUXFANIN1 4115 RPM
the fan on the front of machine dont think show up as powered from power surply

shilee

Then I think you're all good! :) Both of them are running at there max speed. However I guess your CPU temperature must be high because my CPUFAN is running at around 800+ RPM -- 1800+ RPM is the Max Speed of the fan behind the radiator. I am not sure what is the "normal" temperature you should have with i7, but mine is i5. Do you have any other air intake/output configuration with your case? I checked CoolIt official forum, people suggest that we can use a pull/push configuration to even lower the temperature of the CPU, by installing another 120mm fan on the front of the radiator, so cool air can be blown to the radiator.