PC won’t boot

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
Afternoon everyone,

Looking for some help. I went to hit the power switch earlier on and the following happened:-

The PC powered on and then killed the power by itself for a spilt second and then came straight back on, at this point all the fans spun up as normal. However they stayed in a high rpm state and don’t calm down so to speak like normal. I had no single confirmation beep and the POST check light is stuck on the first light in red which is the CPU.
The debug code is showing ‘00’ aswell. The PC just stays in this state until you kill power. There is no display either as a side note.

What would be the first step to diagnose the issue?

Core specs :-

i7 6850k
Strix X99 gaming
16gb ram
2080ti

Many thanks

Citrus_9

Expert
Afternoon everyone,

Looking for some help. I went to hit the power switch earlier on and the following happened:-

The PC powered on and then killed the power by itself for a spilt second and then came straight back on, at this point all the fans spun up as normal. However they stayed in a high rpm state and don’t calm down so to speak like normal. I had no single confirmation beep and the POST check light is stuck on the first light in red which is the CPU.
The debug code is showing ‘00’ aswell. The PC just stays in this state until you kill power. There is no display either as a side note.

What would be the first step to diagnose the issue?

Core specs :-

i7 6850k
Strix X99 gaming
16gb ram
2080ti

Many thanks
Full specs would be handy as per below ;)

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
Full specs would be handy as per below ;)

Sorry about that. 😁

Went to the orders page to grab the forum friendly list of my build but keeps linking to the quotes page at least on mobile.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry about that. 😁

Went to the orders page to grab the forum friendly list of my build but keeps linking to the quotes page at least on mobile.
I'm experiencing the same since yesterday when I go on my order page. I guess they are having some problems

seatuc

Same is happening to me, i.e the machine powers on for a split second and then powers off, after having run fine for a few hours already? Bizarre? Be interested to see how your issue pans out

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
Same is happening to me, i.e the machine powers on for a split second and then powers off, after having run fine for a few hours already? Bizarre? Be interested to see how your issue pans out
In the end cpu or motherboard was dead so ordered a new build. It lasted four and a half years time to upgrade.