PC won't boot past Windows screen

martynmoore

Bronze Level Poster
I am having trouble upgrading my Adobe video editing software and in order to try to fix an issue I tried a reboot.

Now the machine goes through the BIOS stage OK and then as soon as the Windows animation finishes, when I would expect to see the login screen, I get a short flash of blue screen with white text. It disappears too quickly for me to read the text before shutting down and going into another reboot.

Any ideas?

steaky360

I am having trouble upgrading my Adobe video editing software and in order to try to fix an issue I tried a reboot.

Now the machine goes through the BIOS stage OK and then as soon as the Windows animation finishes, when I would expect to see the login screen, I get a short flash of blue screen with white text. It disappears too quickly for me to read the text before shutting down and going into another reboot.

Any ideas?

Does it look like a BSOD? - If it is, the BSOD code would be immensely helpful to aid diagnosis - failing that (appreciate you have said it disappears too fast) you can try to initiate a system repair from the BIOS by inserting your windows media into your PC upon boot up (if it doesn't load straight away you'll need to go into bios and select the disk drive manually).