PC wont start up

VenatoS

yesterday i was normally playing my pc like usually.
This morning i tried to turn it on and first it would.come up with motherboard message saying all the specs and then auto shut down in 15 secs.
after int turned off i decided to turn it.off from electrcity after i hooked it up and turned tried to turn it on the ligjtd would blind fans would.go on for like 1'sec and this would repeat over and.over again.

Anyone can give any help... Im confused as this happened so sudden for no reason.
i might of accidently put the wrong PSU cable from my old pc but i thought the cable wont make a difference.

Please.. Help!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yesterday i was normally playing my pc like usually.
This morning i tried to turn it on and first it would.come up with motherboard message saying all the specs and then auto shut down in 15 secs.
after int turned off i decided to turn it.off from electrcity after i hooked it up and turned tried to turn it on the ligjtd would blind fans would.go on for like 1'sec and this would repeat over and.over again.

Anyone can give any help... Im confused as this happened so sudden for no reason.
i might of accidently put the wrong PSU cable from my old pc but i thought the cable wont make a difference.

Please.. Help!

Was the cable swapped before this happened or did this just occur out of the blue? Resetting the cmos may be a good plan.

VenatoS

i changed the cable like a week ago and it worked normally it happened out of the blue.. No reason
i really am confused.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i changed the cable like a week ago and it worked normally it happened out of the blue.. No reason
i really am confused.

Is the system overclocked at all? I'd backup your bios settings to usb or something and then try clearing the cmos and reboot.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I doubt the cable change had anything to do with it. They are all the same as far as I know.

The sudden nature of the failure points towards a catastrophic failure, the most likely candidates being the PSU or motherboard. What you can try is removing the GPU, all but a single stick of RAM, any PCIe add on cards and try booting the system. You might be able to identify a faulty component that way.

But my money goes on the PSU or motherboard. You don't happen to have a spare PSU around do you? Long shot I know...

VenatoS

i dont have a spare psu..
Im just supriaed that it could die in like couple mins..
Also do you guys know why i first got the motherboard info about specs abd auto shut down in 15 secs
Sorry for mistakes on phone in school..

update: I dont thibk its the moterboard as all of my lights on it are up

Last edited:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Lights on the motherboards are no indication of it being fine. However if you are able to open up the side panel and maybe post a picture of which lights are on that could point us in the direction of a component failure. The MB will have lights for failed cpu, GPU RAM etc. so if any of those are illuminated that could point to a cause.

VenatoS

I will do if later tonight because im in school and then goin out but when im back ill try.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The reason I mentioned a cmos clearing was I had the same issue on a Gigabyte board a few years ago when setting an xmp, it ran fine for a while and then caused the same symptoms with post, reboot, post reboot, post reboot. Clearing the CMOS and resetting the bios to defaults made it run again without issue. I ended up leaving it without the XMP and never had an issue again. May be worth a try.

VenatoS

The reason I mentioned a cmos clearing was I had the same issue on a Gigabyte board a few years ago when setting an xmp, it ran fine for a while and then caused the same symptoms with post, reboot, post reboot, post reboot. Clearing the CMOS and resetting the bios to defaults made it run again without issue. I ended up leaving it without the XMP and never had an issue again. May be worth a try.

How do I do that...? I have an ASUS mobo

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How do I do that...? I have an ASUS mobo

If you power off the pc, unplug it from the wall, open the case.

Then check in your mobo manual for "clear cmos", there'll either be a little push switch on the board itself somewhere, or a jumper with 3 pins and a cap covering 2 of them, you just swap it over to cover the other 2 and leave it for an amount of time, then swap it back to the original position. Once that's done, try powering it back on and go straight into the bios (if you can and it's not hardware failure) and make sure the basic settings are ok to boot from like boot order, make sure it's on AHCI or RAID etc.

If it still goes into a boot loop, it points to hardware issue as Mantadog says and you'll need to take out and add components one by one as he's suggested.

Last edited:

VenatoS

Thabk you guys for the responses i will try to do it asap! And i will give u guys feedback on whats up

VenatoS

Cant fond anything about CMOS in the booklet only found some stuff about POST but dont really understand it e.e

VenatoS

i tried exactly what it said there but my pc just wouldnt thrn on same as before goes on for 1 sec then off..