PC wont start

Hi guys need some advice

I turned my comp on this morning to a few lights on the front and nothing else

I unplugged it waited awhile the plugged back in

I switched it on and the fans worked for about 0.5secs then it went off
Now i get nothing

Ive tried another computer cable to see if it was the fuse in the plug and same thing happened.

Thats as far as my electrical and computer knowledge goes

Ive got important online vonfrences to do today so any FAST replies would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

TudorVII

Enthusiast
You need to isolate what the issue is, which'll mean trying to power up the PC after removing each component.

Start with the memory modules, remove each one, one at a time and power up the PC. If it's still the same for them all, try removing all of them.
Then try removing the graphics card, then the hard drive, CD drive and any other drives you have connected.
Eventually you'll be left with the motherboard and power supply. If the computer still doesn't appear to be powering up correctly, unplug the motherboard from the power supply and see if that will power itself.

I don't really think you'll be able to get this fixed quickly today, as it seems to be a hardware fault somewhere or another. But at least doing this will let you isolate the issue for when you need to call customer support.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Sorry, memory modules are RAM and will look like these

computer-ram-01.jpg

Rakk

The Awesome
I suggest ringing up PCS and they will be able to step through a few things with you to try and figure out whats causing the problem.

The customer support number is 0844 499 4000 and this page will show you the current call waiting times.

Ok ^^

I done as you asked ram no joy HD no joy but ive disconnected the Grahics card and Bam everything is spinning and bleeping as it should. So i guess its that does it mean it broke or can there be a simpler explanation?