Pc wont turn on help please

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
My pc stopped turning on. It beeps 3 times and the mother board has an error code on it 0D

No idea what to do

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
My pc specs are

Case: THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CASE with 5x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard: ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM): 64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card: 24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
Storage: 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, & 2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA
Power Supply: CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling: Corsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
So came across the beeping help identify the error code. Long short short. Asus code means problem with ram. So I took them out and put in one by one to check them. Working again now. One must if came loose? I don't know 😕 should I worry?

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
So came across the beeping help identify the error code. Long short short. Asus code means problem with ram. So I took them out and put in one by one to check them. Working again now. One must if came loose? I don't know 😕 should I worry?
Why would one of them come loose? Unless you were kicking it about 🤣

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I wouldn’t worry, RAM issues are the number one source of error codes that I’ve personally dealt with. It might be a tiny speck of dust that interrupts a connection, it might be the constant low level vibrations of fans that work it slightly loose. It might even be the spirit of your dearly departed aunt Hortense doing some ghosting of a Thursday night. It just happens.

As long as your DIMMS are in the right slots and you get that reassuring click when they pop in you’re usually golden.

Glad you sorted it, let us know if there’s any continuing issues 👍

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you delve into the way RAM works internally it's a wonder we ever mange to store and retrieve any data! RAM internals really is witchcraft!

The tiniest spec of microscopic dust can be enough to cause problems if it gets between the card and the slot pins. We often suggest removing and reseating RAM for exactly these reasons. I don't think the OP needs to worry at all, I think they have resolved a fairly common problem.

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
If you delve into the way RAM works internally it's a wonder we ever mange to store and retrieve any data! RAM internals really is witchcraft!

The tiniest spec of microscopic dust can be enough to cause problems if it gets between the card and the slot pins. We often suggest removing and reseating RAM for exactly these reasons. I don't think the OP needs to worry at all, I think they have resolved a fairly common problem.
The tiniest speck of dust? o_O I best keep my cat away from my new PC then. With the warmer weather he's trying to get rid of his winter coat! :eek: